Big Data 2015 : The 3rd International Workshop on Big Data
Call For Papers
Big Data recently has become a new ubiquitous term to describe large datasets that are challenging to store, search, share, visualize, and analyze. Effective management and analysis of the Big Data would bring great benefits and unique opportunities to the users. However, the conventional methods are limited on providing desirable operations on Big Data. The Big Data workshop 2015 (BigData 2015) is to promote research works in this emerging area of Big Data-inspired computing, networks, systems, and applications. BigData 2015, held in conjunction with CyberC 2015, aims to provide a leading forum for sharing and exchanging experiences, new ideas, and research results on broad topics of Big Data Research, Development, and Applications. It solicits high quality papers that illustrate novel Big Data models, architecture and infrastructure, management, search and processing, security and privacy, applications, surveys and industrial experiences.
Authors of Big Data workshop 2015 are promoted to freely enjoy CyberC 2015 and Big Data Summit. Both of the events are co-sponsored and participated by several Big Data related industry companies.
Authors are cordially invited to submit original research papers in any aspects of Big Data with emphasis on but are not limited to the following topics:
Big Data Theory and Foundation
· Theoretical and Computational Models for Big Data
· Information Quantitative and Qualitative for Big Data
· Theories and Methodologies for Big Data Processing
· Architectures and Designs of Big Data Processing Systems
Big Data Infrastructure
· Cloud/Grid/Stream Computing for Big Data
· High Performance/Parallel Computing Platforms for Big Data
· System Architectures, Platforms, Design, and Deployment for Big Data
· Energy-efficient Computing for Big Data
· Programming Models and Environments for Cluster, Cloud, and Grid Computing
Big Data Management
· Advanced Database and Web Applications for Big Data
· Data Model and Structure for Big Data
· Data Preservation and Provenance
· Interfaces to Database Systems and Analytics Software
· Data and Information Integration and Fusion for Big Data
· Data Management for Mobile, Pervasive and Grid Computing
· Scientific and Social Data Management and Workflow Optimization
Big Data Search and Processing
· Big Data Search Architecture, Scalability, and Efficiency
· Algorithms and Architectures for Big Data Search, Mining and Processing
· Search, Store and Process Big Data in Distributed, Grid and Cloud Systems
· Semantic-based Big Data Analytics and Processing
· Multi-Structured Multi-Domain Big Data Fusion and Integration
· Ontology Representations and Processing in Big Data
· Automatic and Machine Learning Methods for Big Data
· Hadoop and MapReduce based Approaches for Big Data Processing
Big Data Protection, Security and Privacy
· Threat and Intrusion Detection for High Speed Networks
· High Performance and Efficiency Data Cryptography
· Privacy Threats Analysis for Big Data Systems
· Visualizing Large Scale Security Data
· Security and Risk in Big Data Processing
· Trust, Reputation and Recommendation Systems for Big Data Systems
· Privacy and Security Preservation for Multi-Level Security (MLS) Cross-domain Big Data Computing System
Big Data Applications
· Big Data Applications and Software in Science, Engineering, Healthcare, Finance, Business, Transportation, Telecommunications, etc.
· Big Data Analytics in Small Business Enterprises, Public Sector and Government.
· Big Data Industry Standards
· Development and Deployment Experiences with Big Data Systems.
June 20, 2015 - Conference Paper Submission Deadline
July 15, 2015 - Notification of Acceptance & Registration Starts
August 10, 2015 - Camera-Ready Paper Submission Due & Registration Due
Authors are invited to submit original technical papers to http://edas.info/ by selecting “Big Data 2015”. Electronic submission to email@example.com with title of “Big Data 2015 Submission” is also acceptable.
Please DO NOT submit both ways.
All submitted manuscripts should be prepared as technical papers and may not exceed 8 letter size (8.5 x 11) pages including figures, tables and references using the IEEE format for conference proceedings (print area of 6-1/2 inches (16.51 cm) wide by 8-7/8 inches (22.51 cm) high, two-column format with columns 3-1/16 inches (7.85 cm) wide with a 3/8 inch (0.81 cm) space between them, single-spaced 10-point Times fully justified text). For more information please see ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/. Submissions not conforming to these guidelines may be returned without review. The submitted manuscripts can be prepared in Word, or Latex using the IEEE templates, but authors should finally submit the manuscript in PDF format and make sure that the file will print on a printer that uses letter size (8.5 x 11) paper. The official language of the meeting is English.
Manuscript submission procedure is available over the Web at http://edas.info/. We encourage you to use EDAS online submission by selecting “Big Data 2015”. If you have troubles in using the Web submission, you can also submit your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us. Electronic submissions must be in the form of a readable PDF file.
Submitted manuscripts have to present the original unpublished research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Papers not following these guidelines will be rejected without review and further action may be taken, including (but not limited to) notifications sent to the heads of the institutions of the authors and sponsors of the conference. Submissions received after the due date, exceeding length limit, or not appropriately structured may also not be considered.
Manuscripts should present the current research in the areas identified in the call for papers. All submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by experts in the fields and will be judged from the aspects of problem significance, contributions, originality, correctness, technical strength, quality of presentation, and relevance to the conference attendees. Papers will be accepted with Regular Papers and Short Papers with maximal 8 pages and 4 pages in the final version respectively.
Accepted and presented papers will be included into the IEEE Conference Proceeding for publication in IEEE Computer Society CPS (Conference Publishing Services) and submitted to IEEE Xplore and CSDL. It is published in the CyberC Proceeding and you can find CyberC 2014 publication at IEEE Library, EI Database, and Google Scholar and all previous published papers from 2009 to 2013.
For more information about the conference, please visit www.CyberC.org or contact us at Papers@CyberC.org.