WLN 2015 : The 15th IEEE International Workshop on Wireless Local Networks (WLN'15)
Call For Papers
ON THE EVOLUTION OF LOCAL NETWORKS
Macronetworks are driving the evolution of communication systems towards spectrally efficient, energy efficient, and fast local networks. Local networks were mainly driven by standards that support cheap and efficient systems with a relatively small number of users per access point. This will be challenging for future high user density scenarios. This year's workshop on WLNs will highlight issues pertinent to evolving local networks. Central themes will focus on the development of standards and techniques that reduce the complexity and overhead of the control plane in order to achieve spectral and energy efficiency, new interference management methods for small cell communication, and local networks synergy that empowers the advancement the global connectivity needs of users.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Ad hoc Device-2-Device communication and Fog technologies
- Facilitating robust Cloudlets
- Virtualized and cloud-based radio access infrastructure
- Wireless access schemes and techniques
- Mobility and network management
- Cognitive and reconfigurable radio
- Small cell and ultra-dense deployment techniques
- New services for the future Internet
- The transition to 5G – Backward compatibility issues, and coexistence and integration of heterogeneous wireless networks
- Backhauling future heterogeneous and moving networks
- Wireless and Mobile Clouds
- Implementation and testbed issues
We seek original contributions that have neither been previously published nor currently under review. Authors can submit a full paper (up to 8 pages) that describes complete work in a self-contained manner with the intent to deliver an oral presentation.
For style guidelines, kindly refer to the author instructions available on the IEEE LCN 2015 website: http://www.ieeelcn.org/Author_Instructions.html. Papers must be submitted via EDAS. All accepted submissions will be published in the LCN’15 proceedings and the ieeeXplore portal.
Paper submission: May 9, 2015 May 26, 2015 (extended)
Notification of acceptance: July 6, 2015
Camera-ready copy due: July 31, 2015