Delivering Capability 2015 : Delivering Capability: A Balance Between Weapon and Platform
Call For Papers
With the focused nature of recent conflicts, the requirement for a full capability spectrum is questionable.
Affordability forces us to focus on certain aspects of capability but this must be maximised within financial constraints. There may also be conflicts in which we cannot, or choose not, to intervene.
Capability has been defined as a combination of means, method and political will. Focusing on the means as a combination of the weapon and platform, it is arguable whether the balance of sophistication is correct. Are there different constructs between the two that can give greater utility from a fixed defence budget?
A call for papers is currently open for this conference. The Weapon Systems and Technology Group invites abstracts to be submitted on the following topics:
• Operational analysis
• Novel approaches to deliver capability
• Opportunities that arise from emerging low cost platforms
• Equipment capability – the need for trained man power to operate equipment
• Lessons that can be taken from examples of good and bad practice
• Target matching
• Force mix
• Opportunities created from emerging technologies
• Cost benefits
• Historical perspectives
Please visit our website to view the full call for papers. The deadline for submitting abstracts is Friday 3 July 2015.
To submit an abstract please email email@example.com with:
• The speaker's name, job title and organisation
• The title of the presentation
• The abstract text (200-500 words).
This conference will be unclassified.