ISSIAA (Summer School) 2015 : Call for Participation: Summer School on Intelligent Agents in Automation
Call For Papers
It is our pleasure to announce the Call for Participation of the International Summer School on Intelligent Agents in Automation, technically supported by the IEEE IES Technical Committee on Industrial Agents.
The summer school aims to enhance the participants’ knowledge in the field of multi-agent systems applied to industrial environments (e.g. production systems, smart grids, etc.). The summer school offers a set of technical speeches and tutorials by well-known researchers in the field and aims to be a forum for the exchange and dissemination of concepts and ideas in the area in a collaborative and applied way.
In particular, the main objectives of the summer school are:
- Introduce the multi-agent systems (MAS) principles as a suitable paradigm to develop industrial distributed collaborative systems.
- Improve practical competences in developing MAS applications for industrial automation applications.
- Discuss the theoretical and practical aspects of deployment of agent-based solutions for industrial environments.
The summer school will provide a good opportunity to know people working in the field and share experiences, to meet prominent researchers, share best practices and to establish contacts through social interactions that may lead to research collaborations in the future.
DATES and VENUE
The summer school will take place at 27th to 30th of July at Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal.
In contrast to PhD tracks or colloquiums which are held in conjunction with conferences, we would like to provide also practical experience on implementing agents. At Uninova, an assembly cell equipped with real industrial hardware is available for education and research. These modules will be used to practically exercise and exemplify agent concepts in automation.
Advanced practitioners from industry and academia, postgraduates and graduates (MSc and PhD courses) from around the world. The participants will be able to gain a range of theoretical and practical skills necessary to develop complex, real industrial agent based applications.
The summer school is organized in two major blocks: a basic block and an advanced block. The following topics will be addressed:
- Multi-agent Systems and holonic Systems
- Design, deployment and assessment of agent-based architectures
- Development of real-time capable agents which can operated on the field level (IEC 61131 and IEC 611499)
- Service-oriented cloud-based cyber-physical systems in automation
- Agent for smart grid applications
- Practical development of agent-based applications for automation
Fees are a flat rate covering the attendance to all courses, lecturing materials, lunches, coffee breaks and the banquet dinner.
Early regular fee: 200€ (before 15th June)
Regular fee: 250€ (after 15th June)
Discount fee: 150€ (for the 2nd registration from the same institution)
Details about the registration process will be available soon.
More detailed info can be found in the next link:
Looking forward to see you in Lisbon,
The Summer School Organizers
José Barata, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
Luis Ribeiro, Linköping University, Sweden
Paulo Leitao, Polytechnic Institute of Bragança, Portugal
Birgit Vogel-Heuser, Technische Universität München, Germany