SC 2015 : The 3rd International Workshop on Sensor Cloud
Call For Papers
The 3rd International Workshop on Sensor Cloud (SC 2015)
In conjunction with the 6th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN 2015)
September 27-30, 2015.
Workshop Website : https://sites.google.com/site/thirdsensorcloud/
Important Dates :
- Papers Submission Deadline: June 10, 2015
- Acceptance Notification: June 26, 2015
- Camera-Ready Submission: July 24, 2015
Research and applications of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) and Cloud Computing (CC) continue to grow. The integration of the sensor networks and cloud computing play a vital role in the advancement of modern sensor technology with the strength of cloud computing. The aim of sensor cloud (SC) is to make the sensed and processed data accessible from distributed networks. With sensor clouds, large-scale data can be collected, processed, and shared among multiple networks. SC raises many research and practical challenges such as event processing and management, real time data processing, large scale computing infrastructure and frameworks, and harvesting collective intelligence.
The 3rd International Workshop on Sensor Cloud (SC 2015) will be held in conjunction with the 6th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN 2015) at Berlin, Germany, September 27-30, 2015.
The goal of the SC 2015 workshop is to bring together multi-disciplinary researchers, professionals and practitioners from academia and industry who are involved in the fields of both WSNs and CC to discuss recent advances and innovative ideas in these fields. The workshop solicits papers on either completed or ongoing research in the following topics (but not limited to):
Topics of Interest:
· Mobility in Sensor Clouds
· Monitoring techniques/mechanism for Sensor-Cloud infrastructure
· Performance management of sensor in cloud (Algorithms and Protocols)
· Platform to manage sensory data in the clouds.
· Provisioning of virtual sensor in cloud
· Security and Reliability issues in Sensor Cloud
· QoS guarantees for sensing technologies
· Sensor Cloud enabled applications (e.g., Health-care, Traffic management, Weather monitoring and Surveillance)
· Sensor Cloud Intelligence
· Sensor Cloud management (Aggregation, Enablement, Interoperability and Resource management)
· Sensor Cloud vision: Case-studies, Challenges, Lesson-learnt and Opportunities
· Smart tags, location aware remote sensing and RFID as Services (Raas) in clouds
· Standardization mechanism/functions for Sensor Cloud
All SC 2015 accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series on-line. Procedia Computer Science is hosted on www.Elsevier.com and on Elsevier content platform ScienceDirect (www.sciencedirect.com), and will be freely available worldwide. All papers in Procedia will also be indexed by Thomson Reuters' Conference Proceeding Citation Index http://thomsonreuters.com/conference-proceedings-citation-index/. The papers will contain linked references, XML versions and citable DOI numbers. All accepted papers will also be indexed in DBLP (http://dblp.uni-trier.de/).