SCS 2015 : The Second International Symposium on Sensor-Cloud Systems
Call For Papers
Due to the limitations of sensor networks (e.g., memory, energy, computation, communication, and scalability), efficient management of a large volume of collected sensor data is a challenging issue for researchers and practitioners in the sensor network communities.
The sensor networks have unprecedented capabilities of building smart systems through sensing and monitoring applications, which provide tremendous benefits to the human beings. The integration of sensor networks and cloud computing, Sensor-Cloud Systems for short, makes it attractive for long term operation, analysis and use in many applications. Sensor-cloud raises many research and practical challenges such as event processing and management, real time data processing, large scale computing infrastructure and network frameworks.
SCS 2015 focus on the techniques, methodologies, models, applications in the areas of sensor networks and cloud computing. Overall topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
(1) Architecture for sensor-cloud
(2) Models for sensor-cloud
(3) Storage management technologies in sensor networks
(4) Network management in sensor networks
(5) Big data mining and processing in sensor networks
(6) Advanced technologies and applications in high-performance computing
(7) Secure and remote management of sensor networks
(8) Design and integration of sensor-cloud systems
(9) Efficient sensor data dissemination
(10) Sensor data streaming via cloud computing system
(11) Sensor network and cloud access management
(12) Resource and hardware compatibility issues
(13) Sensor cloud systems for remote and real-time monitoring
(14) Sensor network resource scheduling and computing
(15) Control protocol, scheduling protocol, isolation protocol in sensor network and cloud
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2015
Authors Notification: July 30, 2015
Final Manuscript Due: August 15, 2015
Symposium Dates: November 18-20, 2015
Submission and Publication Instructions
All papers need to be submitted electronically through the conference website (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scs2015) with PDF format. Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English, must not exceed 10 pages or 14 pages with the over length charge in LNCS format, including tables, figures, references and appendixes. All accepted papers will be published by Springer LNCS (EI Indexed). Authors (at least one) of any accepted paper are requested to register at the conference.
Xiaofei Xing, Guangzhou University, China
Md. Zakirul Alam Bhuiyan, Central South University, China
Please email inquiries concerning SCS 2015 to:
Dr. Xiaofei Xing (xxfcsu AT 163 DOT com) and the symposium organizers (scs2015 AT aliyun DOT com).