PLM 2015 : 12th International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management
Call For Papers
Since 2003, IFIP PLM International Conference brings together researchers, developers, users
and potential users of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), an integrated business and technical
approach to the collaborative creation, management and dissemination of engineering data
throughout the extended enterprises that create, manufacture and operate engineered products
and systems. IFIP PLM is the official conference of the IFIP Working Group WG 5.1 "Global
Product development for the whole lifecycle" (www.ifip-wg51.org).
The 2015 edition of IFIP PLM will be organized in Doha, by the College of Engineering at Qatar
University. PLM’15 aims at involving all stakeholders of the wide concept of PLM, hoping to shape
the future of this field and advance the science and practice of enterprise development.
The conference will provide a good opportunity to understand the cutting edge frontiers and to
interact with and establish networks with colleagues in academia and in industry in this field.
We are pleased to invite you to submit your papers to PLM’15. Papers dealing with theoretical,
conceptual, applicative or survey contributions are welcome. All submissions will be reviewed on
the basis of relevance, originality, importance and clarity. Topics of interest include the following
areas (but not limited to):
• Lifecycle Cyber-Security issues • Lifecycle assessment and sustainability
• Building Information Modeling (BIM) • Oil & Gas Plant lifecycle
• Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) • Product/Service/Systems (PSS)
• Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) • Smart/intelligent/Meta/Hybrid products
• Simulation Lifecycle Management (SLM) • Interoperability and systems Integration
• Ontologies and languages
• Agile PLM
• Traceability and performance
• Configuration & change engineering/management
• Cloud Computing and Mobile PLM • Knowledge sharing, re-use and preservation
• Metrics, standards and regulation • BigData analytics and Business Intelligence
• Infrastructure/implementation process • Supply Chain and Value Chain Integration
• Collaborative development architectures • Social networks impact
Book Proceedings and Journals
Papers selected for presentation will appear in a Springer book Advanced ICT series
Selected extended papers from the conference will be proposed for publication in the IJPLM
International Journal (official journal of WG5.1) and for selected indexed International Journals.
IFIP Awards will be given to the Best Conference Paper & Best Doctoral Research Work.
Industrial Sessions and visits
A full-day will be dedicated to industrial sessions and panels, managed by the Industrial Advisory
board of the conference. Visits to industrial partner sites will be organized.
Unique opportunity of a specific Panel on collaboration possibilities with Qatar research teams
and latest news on current projects and funding possibilities through Qatar National Research
Fund (QNRF): NPRP, Exceptional Projects, etc.
IFIP PhD Workshop
PhD fellows will be part of the IFIP PhD network and present their work in the PhD Workshop.
Rich Social Program
Discover Qatar culture through visits to local famous museums, picturesque Corniche, Qatara
cultural village, and the fantastic Souk Waqif!... Experience an unforgettable complementary 4x4
Desert Safari and Bedouin Campsite in the heart of the wonderful dunes of Qatar!
Abstract Submissions: March 15, 2015 (ext.) Camera ready due: June 30, 2015
Full Paper Submissions: May 30, 2015 Author Registration: June 30, 2015
Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2015