Energy and environment conference 2015 : 3RD African Public & Private Official Energy and Environment Conference - 2015
Call For Papers
On behalf of the Centre for Energy and Electric Power (CEEP) at Tshwane University of Technology in partnership with Tshwane Municipality and Eskom with support from EWSETA, we are delighted to invite you to Pretoria, South Africa for the 3rd African Public Officials Energy and Environment
Conference from 3 -5 June 2015.
This year’s Energy and Environment conference focusses on alleviation of Challenges, Framework and Programme Implementation in the Progressing African Energy and Environment space for ease of energy mix implementation that are expected to have a positive effect on economic, social and the environment aspects on the African continent. The conference will bring together academia, public officials, engineers and stakeholders from around the world engaged in the energy and environmental field and associated disciplines to explore recent developments, innovations, current practices, further trends and evolving frameworks.
Selected invited speakers include:
• Mr. Andrew Ezintger, Senior General Manager, Integrated Demand Management, Eskom
• Mrs. Ayanda Nakedi, Senior General Manager, Renewable, Eskom.
• Mr. Ompi Aphane, Deputy Director General: Policy, Planning and Clean Energy
• Mr. Xolile Mabusela, Director, Energy Efficiency & Environment, Department of Energy, South
• Mr. Richard Munang, Coordinator, Africa Regional Change Programme, UNEP
• Ms. Cecilia Njenga---Kinuthia, Head, UN Environment Programme – SA Liaison Office.
• Mr. Barry Bredenkamp, Senior Manager, 12L EE Tax Incentive, South Africa National Energy
Development institute (SANEDI), South Africa.
• H.E. Dr. Elham Mahmood Ahmed Ibrahim (Mrs.) Commissioner, Infrastructure and Energy.
• Prof Mosad Elimissiry, Leader, Energy Progamme, New Partnership for Africa’s Development
• Mr. Amadou Diouf, Coordinator, Community Development Programme, Economic Community
Of West Africa States (ECOWAS)
• Mr. Wim Jonker Klunne, Programme Director, Energy & Environment Partnership, Southern and
• Prof Davis Al-Dabass Sheffield University, United Kingdom
• Prof Tadachika Nakayama, Department of Science & Technology Innovation, Nagaoka
University of Technology, Japan
• Prof Ernst Uken, Head, Energy Institute, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa.
• H.E Bart Nnaji, CEO & Founder, Geometric Power, Nigeria
• Paulinus Shilamba. Managing Director, NAMPOWER
• Karen Breytenbach, Senior project Advisor, national Treasury, South Africa
• Leocadia Zak, Director, US trade and Development agency, USA.
• Mr. Barry MacColl: Acting General Manager: Research, Test and Development, Eskom.
• Prof. Gordon Chen, Secretary General, Asia-Pacific Photovoltaic Industry Council, Chairman,
Steering Committee, Asian Photovoltaic Industry Association.
• Mr. Honzu Shigeo – Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
• Chris Yelland –EE Publishers. South Africa
• Dr. Lindiwe Majele Sibanda, CEO, FANRPAN.
• Prof. Pius Yanda, Director, Pan-Africa START, Tanzania.
• Mr. Gonzalo Carassco, Director, Renewable Consortium, Spain.
• Prof. Roger Ebbage, Energy Management Coordinator, Lane Community College, USA.
• Mr. Farai Kanonda, Senior Financial Analyst, Energy, Environment and Climate Change
Department, Southern Africa Regional Office, African Development Bank.
• Mr. Andres Ilombart---Estopinian, Deputy Director, CIRCE, University of Zaragoza, Spain.
• Dr. Britta Rennkamp, Researcher Energy, Environment and Climate Change, Energy Research
Centre, University of Cape Town, South Africa.
• Mrs. Amanda Evans, Director, Centre of Excellence, Green Building & Energy Efficiency,
project Manager, New Mexico Energy Smart Academy, USA.
• Lars Hindkjaer, Director, Danish Cooperation for Environment and Development, The Danish Environmental protection Agency, Denmark.
We look forward to having you at the 3RD annual conference on Energy and the Environment for African Public & Private Officials (APOEEC 2015).
Professor Josiah Munda & Olawale Popoola
APOEEC 2015 Secretariat
Centre for Energy & Electric Power, Faculty of Engineering & the Built Environment, Tshwane
University of Technology, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa.
Tel: 27(0) 12 382 5266 / 5195
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com