InDialog 2015 : 2nd International Conference Community Interpreting in Dialogue with Technology
Call For Papers
We welcome contributions examining dialogue interpreting in sectors such as healthcare, the legal system, public services, education and mediation. Issues to be considered are:
- Dealing with growing multilingualism and geographical distances
- Community interpreting training and evaluation in different contexts
- The possibilities and limitations of distance learning, virtual worlds and avatars
- Best practices and quality monitoring in practice, training and research
- Community interpreting in national and international conflict situations
- Community interpreting logistics and management
- Community interpreting research methodology, data collection and analysis
- Research in response to Directive 2011/24/EU on the application of patients' rights in cross-border healthcare
- New and hybrid forms of community interpreting
- Supervision and psychological support for community interpreters
- Tools for community interpreters
Proposed formats include the following:
Papers (20 minutes presentation + 10 minutes discussion)
Discussion Panels (90 minutes)
Please submit your proposal via our online form:
Please feel free to download and share our comprehensive Call for Proposals brochure:
Proposals should be submitted by 26 May 2015. Notification of acceptance will be sent by 15 June 2015.
Publication of a selection of the papers presented at the conference is planned.
The conference language will be English.