LingBaW 2015 : Linguistics Beyond And Within 2015 - International Linguistics Conference in Lublin
Call For Papers
Building on the success of the previous conferences, the Institute of English Studies at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Poland, is organising the 3rd meeting of Linguistics Beyond And Within - International Linguistics Conference in Lublin. The conference, to be held on 22-23 October 2015, will be hosted by the Department of Applied Linguistics, the Department of Theoretical Linguistics and the Department of Contrastive English-Polish Studies. This year the talks will be guided by the following leitmotif:
Mind, language, society: towards a unified theory of language structure and use
As previously, we would like to invite scholars with innovative approaches to linguistics viewed from a range of intra- and interdisciplinary perspectives. We wish to encourage all linguists representing various theoretical models and practical applications to present their contributions during both oral and poster sessions in the following research areas:
- theoretical linguistics (phonetics & phonology, morphology, semantics, syntax, corpus studies)
- applied linguistics (language teaching & language acquisition, pragmatics, discourse analysis, translation studies, socio- and psycholinguistics)
as well as during the following special sessions:
- Slavic studies – the session is meant to bring together current research into Slavic linguistics. We invite submissions on phonology, morphology and syntax of Slavic languages in various theoretical frameworks.
- Cognitive linguistics – we invite papers whose research lies within the cognitive linguistics enterprise and which address issues such as cognitive semantics, metaphor and metonymy, conceptual blending, linguistic categorization, prototypes, polysemy, image schemas and force dynamics, embodiment, cognitive sociolinguistics, cognitive linguistics and translation and gesture.
Each paper presentation in an oral session will be scheduled for a 20-minute talk followed by a 10-minute discussion. Poster sessions will last about 40 minutes when the authors are required to be present and ready to answer questions from participants passing by. The poster format is 100x70cm (vertical orientation). The language of the conference is English.
Four keynote speakers have confirmed their participation in LingBaW 2015:
- Katalin É. Kiss (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Jarosław Krajka (Maria-Curie Skłodowska University)
- Elżbieta Mańczak-Wohlfeld (Jagiellonian University)
- Marcus Pöchtrager (Boğaziçi University)
Abstracts of no more than 400 words (including references) should be sent by 31 July 2015 in .doc format to our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is expected that any paper presented at LingBaW 2015 is original and has not been previously presented or published.
In the body of the email, please include the following information: title of paper, name of author, scientific degree, affiliation, research area (one from the abovementioned) and form of presentation (speech / poster).
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously. Please do not put your name on the abstract itself.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by 15 August.
The conference fee is 300 PLN (€80) and includes conference materials, reception, refreshments and publication of the proceedings.
The preliminary deadline for submission of completed papers is 31 January 2016.
For more information and updates visit our website: http://lingbaw.webclass.co/
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com