IJIPT 2015 : Int Journal of Internet Protocol Technology - Special Issue on Supporting Wireless Sensor Networks with Big Data and Cloud Computing Technologies
Call For Papers
---------------- Call for Papers ----------------
International Journal of Internet Protocol Technology
Special Issue on: "Supporting Wireless Sensor Networks with Big Data and Cloud Computing Technologies"
Nafaâ Jabeur, German University of Technology (GUtech), Oman
Bernard Moulin, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Wireless sensor networks are collecting huge amounts of heterogeneous data for a wide variety of application domains thanks to their
ability to operate in remote, distributed and harsh spatial environments. However, their limited memory, computation capabilities
and battery lifetime are preventing them from processing the collected data appropriately. The increasing requirements to carry
out various types of processing in real time are increasing the need for powerful and scalable high-performance computing and
massive storage infrastructures.
Recent advances in cloud computing and big data are allowing significant amounts of data to be conveniently structured, stored,
navigated, processed, queried and visualised, with extended scalability and flexibility and at low cost. Cloud computing and
big data technologies are therefore providing attractive opportunities in complementing and supporting sensor network operations.
The integration of these three technologies is creating new research and development opportunities towards supporting real-time
event processing and management within large-scale infrastructures.
For this special issue, authors are invited to submit original contributions that address the use of cloud computing and
big data technologies to improve current and future design and development of wireless sensor networks.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Architectures and models for integrated big data and sensor networks
- Big sensor data semantics
- Large-scale sensor data modelling, storage and visualisation
- Big sensor data analytics
- Data analysis and mining for sensor networks
- Big data processing in sensor networks
- Big sensor data aggregation and filtering
- Big sensor data querying
- Complex event processing and big data
- Data transfer protocol for big sensor data
- Secure big sensor data management
- Spatial data warehouses for sensor networks
- Sensor data streaming via cloud computing systems
- Sensor cloud systems for remote and real-time monitoring
- Architectures and models for sensor-clouds
- Design and integration of sensor-cloud systems
- Sensor-cloud protocols
- Cloud-based communication for sensor networks
- Sensor-cloud applications
- Secure sensor-cloud systems
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
(N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written
permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page: http://www.inderscience.com/info/inauthors/author_submit.php
Submission deadline: 31 July, 2015
Author notification: 15 September, 2015
Final papers: 15 October, 2015
- Nafaâ Jabeur, German University of Technology, Oman (email@example.com)
- Bernard Moulin, Laval University, Quebec, Canada (Bernard.firstname.lastname@example.org)