Complex Networks 2015 : Fourth International Workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications
Call For Papers
COMPLEX NETWORKS 2015
The Fourth International Workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications
The 11th International Conference on
SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY & INTERNET BASED SYSTEMS
SITIS 2015, Bangkok, Thailand, 23-27 November 2015
Scope of the Workshop
Real-world entities often interconnect with each other through explicit or implicit relationships to form a complex network. Examples of complex networks are found in many fields of science such as biological systems, engineering systems, economic systems as well as social systems. In line with 's tradition of SITIS promoting interdisciplinary research, the international workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners from different science communities working on areas related to complex networks. The workshop targets two types of contributions from prospective authors: Contributions dealing of theoretical tools and methods to solve practical problems as well as applications solved by tools from network sciences. Both contributions should stimulate interaction between theoreticians and practitioners.
Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and applied papers on their research in complex networks. Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Models of Complex Networks
• Structural Network Properties and Analysis
• Complex Networks and Epidemics
• Rumor Spreading
• Community Structure in Networks
• Formation of Complex Networks
• Generation of Complex Networks
• Community Detection in Complex Networks
• Motif Discovery in Complex Networks
• Visualization of Complex Networks
• Complex network mining
• Dynamics and evolution patterns of complex networks
• Community discovery in complex social networks
• Visual representation of complex networks
• Methodological problems in complex network studies
• Applications of complex network analysis
* Paper Submission: September 21, 2015 (firm deadline)
* Acceptance/Reject notification: October 10, 2015
* Camera ready: October 15, 2015
* Author registration: October 19, 2015
All submissions should be in IEEE conference style and PDF format. Papers may not exceed 8 pages. Paper submission will only be online via: Easy Chair. All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
Conference Proceedings of IEEE
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society and referenced in IEEE Xplore Digital Library and major indexes. They will be available at the conference.
Journal special issue
Extended version of selected papers will be published in international journals special issues.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
Hocine Cherifi , University of Burgundy , France
will be announced later