MESOCA 2015 : IEEE 9th Symposium on the Maintenance and Evolution of Service-Oriented Systems and Cloud-Based Environments
Call For Papers
Two important areas substantially influence software development in today’s global environment: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Cloud Computing. From a maintenance and evolution perspective, SOA is confronted with two important challenges: deployed service-oriented systems will have to be maintained and evolved, and legacy systems will continue to use service-orientation to make their legacy functionality available to other systems and applications. Cloud computing brings additional challenges such as privacy, security and lock-in, and offers the developer many deployment choices: private, public or hybrid deployments.
On the other vein, Service Oriented Architectures and Cloud Computing also offer extensive support to analyze, maintain, and evolve legacy systems. Services defining fundamental functionality in e.g. reverse engineering, software analysis, and quality improvement can be orchestrated to provide reasonable and adaptive tool chains.
The main goal of MESOCA 2015 is to create a focal point and an ongoing forum for researchers and practitioners to share results and open issues in the areas of maintaining and evolving service-oriented and cloud-based systems or applying these techniques to software maintenance and evolution.
We are interested in submissions from both industry and academia on all topics related to migration, maintenance, and evolution of service-oriented systems and cloud-based systems/environments including service and cloud oriented tool support.
These include, but are not limited to:
• Tools, techniques and methods to support migration to service-oriented architecture and cloud computing environments
Tools, techniques and methods to support maintenance and evolution of service-oriented architecture and cloud computing systems
• Tools, techniques and methods applying service oriented and cloud-based systems to software evolution
• Evolution patterns of service-oriented and cloud-based systems
• Transition patterns to service-oriented and cloud environments
• Governance to support system evolution in service-oriented and cloud environments
• Leverage of service-orientation best practices in cloud environments
• Process models on the migration to service-oriented and cloud-based systems and/or on the maintenance of service-oriented and cloud-based systems
• Case studies of migration to service-oriented and cloud environments
• Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) for migration to SOA and cloud
• Reengineering, identifying, and extracting legacy code for creating services and their implementation
• Large-scale testing for service-oriented and cloud-based systems
• Methods, tools and techniques to measure and ensure the Quality of Services in cloud-deployed systems
• Methods, tools and techniques to achieve adaptation and automation in cloud-deployed systems
We are soliciting two types of papers, as follows:
• Full papers (up to 8 pages). Full papers can be research, evaluation or experience reports. Research papers describe novel and original solutions (theoretical, methodological or conceptual); evaluation papers evaluate or validate existing tools and methods through empirical studies, case studies, simulations, etc.; experience papers present experiences and challenges encountered in practice.
• Short papers (up to 4 pages). Short papers can be position/vision papers that describe novel research positions, targets or approaches that go beyond current research and practice.
PAPER SUBMISSION DETAILS
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed (single blind) by at least three program committee members. Papers must not have been previously published or concurrently submitted elsewhere. Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings that will be published in the MESOCA 2015 proceedings, which will be available at the IEEE Digital Library. Papers must be formatted in the IEEE Transactions style (as described here: http://www.icsme.uni-bremen.de/formatting.php and must be submitted online via EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mesoca2015.