CSBio 2015 : The 6th international conference on computational systems-biology and bioinformatics
Call For Papers
********** CSBio 2015 - Call for Papers *********
The 6th International Conference on Computational Systems-Biology and Bioinformatics (CSBio 2015) will be held in Bangkok on November 22-25, 2015.
Paper submission deadline: July 15
Notification of acceptance: September 1
Camera-ready paper submission deadline: TBA
- King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT)
- Kasetsart University (KU)
- National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC)
- International Neural Network Society
Aims and Scope
The Next-generation Computational Biology - With the advancement in next-generation molecular technology in generating the high-throughput "omics" data, life science has come to the era of "big data". To extract biological knowledge from the data, and translate it into benefits for society (e.g. better medicine and healthcare), novel and advanced computational tools are needed for data analysis. CSBio 2015 would like to invite researchers and industrial counterparts to meet at this event to exchange ideas and stimulate research collaborations.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Adaptive computation in bioinformatics
* Biological network reconstruction and analysis
* Modeling and simulation of biological processes, pathways, etc.
* Next-generation sequencing
* Gene expression analysis
* Proteomics & other omics
* Functional genomics
* DNA, RNA and protein sequence analysis
* Bio-inspired computing
* Parallel and distributed computing for life science
* Molecular evolution and phylogeny
* Protein folding
* Medical and biomedical informatics
* Translational bioinformatics
* Biomarker discovery
* Bio-data visualization
* Disease classification
* Drug discovery and validation
The CSBio 2015 online submission system is opened at EasyChair (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=csbio2015).
All submissions will be checked by VeriGuide for originality (http://veriguide1.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/portal/page/index.jsp).
Authors have the following submission choices:
1. Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (JBCB) or
2. Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal (CSBJ)
JOURNAL OF BIOINFORMATICS AND COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY
(JBCB - http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscinet/jbcb)
The Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology aims to publish high quality, original research articles, expository tutorial papers and review papers as well as short, critical comments on technical issues associated with the analysis of cellular information.
Detailed instructions for preparation of manuscripts are available in:
- Latex-2e (http://www.worldscientific.com/page/jbcb/stylefiles-readme-2e)
* JBCB is indexed in Biosis Previews, Biological Abstracts, Chemical Abstracts Service, CompuScience, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Emcare/Mosby Index, Index Medicus, INSPEC, MEDLINE, Science Citation Index Expanded and Scopus.
COMPUTATIONAL AND STRUCTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY JOURNAL
(CSBJ - http://www.http://csbj.org)
Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal (ISSN 2001-0370) is an online journal publishing research articles and reviews after full peer review. All articles are published, without barriers to access, immediately upon acceptance. The journal places a strong emphasis on functional and mechanistic understanding of how molecular components in a biological process work together through the application of computational methods.
Detailed instructions for preparation of manuscripts are available at: http://ees.elsevier.com/csbj/
* CSBJ is indexed in PubMed Central, DOAJ, RoMEO, CAS, CrossRef, ProQuest, Mendeley, LOCKSS and Scopus.
- The 19th Asia Pacific Symposium on Intelligent and Evolutionary Systems
(IES 2015 - http://www.ies-2015.org)
- The 7th International Conference on Advances in Information Technology
(IAIT 2015 - http://www.iait-conf.org)