WTTM 2015 : 7th Workshop on the Theory of Transactional Memory
Call For Papers
[Apologies in case of cross-posting]
********** Call for papers ************
7th Workshop on the
Theory of Transactional Memory (WTTM)
July 20, 2015
Donostia-San Sebastian, Spain
co-located with the
ACM Symposium on Principles of
Distributed Computing (PODC) 2015
The 7th Workshop on the Theory of Transactional Memory (WTTM) is a forum to foster exchanges, discussions, and disseminations among researchers on theoretical challenges and recent achievements in the context of concurrent computing, with an emphasis on transactional memory.
Transactional Memory (TM) aims at making parallel programming more programmer friendly by providing an alternative synchronization mechanism to traditional lock-based concurrency. TM research has led to hardware TM implementations on both commodity and high performance computing microprocessors, as well as to TM integration in mainstream programming languages (like C, C++) and in the world's leading open source compiler.
From a theoretical perspective, the TM abstraction raises several challenges in the way we view synchronization as well as in the way we implement it. A major goal of the workshop is to explore new directions and approaches for reasoning about Transactional Memory.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Models and semantics for concurrent computing
* Safety and liveness properties
* Tradeoffs in TM and concurrent computing
* TM algorithms and architectures
* Impossibility results and lower bounds
* TM performance and parallelism
* Speculation-friendly and transaction-friendly data structures and their algorithms
* Formal methods, semantics and verification of TM and concurrent systems
* TM for cluster, cloud, grid and high-performance computing
* Concurrent computing, synchronization, and shared memory
* Concurrent data structures and their algorithms
* Multiprocessor and multi-core architectures and algorithms
The Workshop website is available at this URL: http://www.gsd.inesc-id.pt/~salaa/wttm2015/html/index.html
* Hagit Attiya, Technion, Israel
* Panagiota Fatourou, FORTH & University of Crete, Greece (PC Co-Chair)
* Vincent Gramoli, NICTA & University of Sydney, Australia
* Rachid Guerraoui, EPFL, Switzerland
* Tim Harris, Oracle Labs, Cambridge, UK
* Maurice Herlihy, Brown University, US
* Maged Michael, IBM Watson Research Center, US
* Alessia Milani, LABRI & Universite Bordeaux 1, France
* Paolo Romano, University of Lisbon/INESC-ID, Portugal (PC Co-Chair)
* Eric Ruppert, York University, Canada
* Nir Shavit, MIT, US & Tel-Aviv University, Israel
Submission deadline: 15 May 2015 (anywhere on earth)
Acceptance notification: 1 June 2015
Workshop date: 20 July 2015
We solicit submissions describing research results and/or position papers relevant to the theory of concurrent computing with an emphasis on transactional memory.
Submissions should be written in English and in PDF format. Submissions should include: a title, the authors' names and their affiliations, and the contact author’s email. Each submission must not exceed four single-column pages (excluding references) which will describe the results. Additional necessary details may be included in an appendix which will be read at the discretion of the program committee.
Papers are to be submitted electronically at:
The final version of the accepted papers will appear on the workshop’s web site. These papers will be available to the participants in electronic format during the workshop. WTTM does not publish proceedings, so accepted papers may appear in other venues as well.