PRIMA 2015 : The18th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems
Conference Series : Pacific Rim International Conference on Multi-Agents
Call For Papers
Call for Papers: PRIMA 2015 - 18th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems
Dates: 26th-30th October 2015
Location: Bertinoro, Italy
Agent-based Computing addresses the challenges in managing distributed computing systems and networks through monitoring, communication, consensus-based decision-making and coordinated actuation. As a result, intelligent agents and multi-agent systems have demonstrated the capability to use intelligence, knowledge representation and reasoning, and other social metaphors like 'trust', 'game' and 'institution', not only to address real-world problems in a human-like way but also to transcend human performance. This has had a transformative impact in many application domains, particularly in e-commerce, and also in planning, logistics, manufacturing, robotics, decision support, transportation, entertainment, emergency relief & disaster management, and data mining & analytics.
Information for authors:
PRIMA 2015 invites submissions of original, unpublished, theoretical and applied work on any such topic, and encourages reports on the development of prototype and deployed agent systems, and of experiments that demonstrate novel agent system capabilities. There will be a special track on applications of multi-agent systems. The papers for this track would report experiences on using agents in an application domain and also discuss the challenges in deploying them.
Publication, awards, and special issues:
All accepted papers will be published in Springer’s LNAI series. There will be a best paper award sponsored by Springer-LNAI. Award winner(s) will also be invited to submit an extended version to a fast track of the Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems. There will be two special issues: one with Fundamenta Informaticae and one with the Knowledge Engineering Review.
Topics (not limited to the following):
- Foundations of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
- Agent and Multi-Agent System Architectures
- Agent-Oriented Software Engineering
- Agent-Based Modeling and Simulation
- Cooperation/Collaboration, Coordination/Communication
- Hybrid Technologies for Multi-Agent Systems
- Application Domains for Multi-Agent Systems
- Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
Two types of contributions are solicited:
- Full papers, up to 16 pages in LNCS format, should present original theoretical and/or experimental research in any of the areas listed above that has not been previously published, accepted for publication, or is not currently under review by another conference or journal.
- Short papers (early innovation papers), up to 8 pages in LNCS format showcasing works-in-progress (will be reviewed with an emphasis on novelty/originality of the idea).
Papers are to be submitted through the Easychair Conference Management System:
Important Dates [)) EXTENDED ((]
Abstract: 17th June 2015
Submission: 19th June 2015
Notification: 24th July 2015
Camera-ready: 7th August 2015
Conference: 26th-30th October 2015
The PRIMA2015 Chairs