BraSNAM 2015 : IV Brazilian Workshop on Social Network Analysis and Mining
Call For Papers
IV Brazilian Workshop on Social Network Analysis and Mining (BraSNAM 2015)
XXXXV Congresso da Sociedade Brasileira de Computação
July 21 and 22, 2015.
Recife, PE, Brazil
This year, the IV Brazilian Workshop on Social Network Analysis and Mining (BraSNAM 2015) will be held in conjunction with CSBC, providing a valuable opportunity for multidisciplinary groups to meet and engage in rich discussions about topics related to social network analysis. CSBC is the official event of the Brazilian Computing Society (SBC) and in its 35th edition, the conference will be held in the city of Recife, the capital of the State of Pernambuco, on July 20-23, 2015.
The study of social networks originated in social, educational and business communities, starting to have a theoretical support in 40’s. Currently, the increasing use of Web and social medium fosters interaction among people, data dissemination and information sharing. With this growing of available data – provided by people and their interaction, as also provided by logs and web servers we have the opportunity of evaluate and develop techniques for social network analysis, identification and mining of social networks. This has led to a rising prominence of social network analyses in academia, politics, security, business, marketing, science and other fields.
The BraSNAM 2015 provides an interdisciplinary venue that will bring together practitioners and researchers from social network analysis and its related fields to promote collaborations and exchange of ideas and practices.
BraSNAM topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Big social data: Methodologies and frameworks
- Cases and application to real life situations: Medicine, Science, Education, Marketing, Team Formation, Decision Making, Management and others.
- Community detection and evolution
- Contextualized analysis of social and information networks
- Crowdsourcing and crowdfunding
- Detection of spam, misinformation and malicious activities
- Dynamics and evolution patterns of large social networks
- Expertise identification
- Extraction and treatment of social data
- Flow and diffusion of information
- Influence detection
- Infrastructure support for social networks and systems
- Linking prediction and simulation
- Management of social network data
- Mining techniques
- Mobile and smart multimedia sensors
- Modeling and inferring of user behavior
- Models of advertising and monetization in social networks
- Monitoring social networks
- Multilingual social networks
- Security and privacy in social networks
- Social information and retrieval systems
- Social information applied to recommender systems
- Social networks and online education
- Social networks as agents of societal change
- Social networks visualization
- Trust and reputations in social networks
**Selected papers will be published in special issues of a journal (to be announced soon) **
- Full and Short Paper Submission: April, 13
- Notification: June, 01
- Final Version: June, 15
- Conference: July, 21-22
The workshop accepts submissions of technical papers (full papers) and extended abstracts (position papers) written in Portuguese or English, not exceeding 12 or 6 pages, respectively. Submissions should follow the template of the Brazilian Computing Society (SBC). The templates for submission are available in http://www.sbc.org.br/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=195&task=view.download&catid=32&cid=38
All (full and position) papers will be peer-reviewed according to following criteria: adequacy to workshop scope, relevance, technical quality, clarity, originality and evaluation of results. The evaluation of results is desired, but is not a precondition for submission. All technical articles will be presented orally.
Full papers will be presented in the oral sessions of BraSNAM 2015. The accepted short papers will also be published in workshop’s proceedings and will be presented as posters.
All papers will go through a double blind review process, with at least three reviewers. ****Therefore, author names and contact information must be omitted from all submissions****. Authors must identify the topic(s) being addressed in the paper to assist the program committee in the review process. Selected papers will be published in special issues of a journal.
Each manuscript must be submitted electronically, as a PDF file, via the JEMS submission site: https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2258
Alexandre Duarte (UFPB) – alexandre at ci.ufpb.br
Li Weigang (UnB) – weigang at cic.unb.br
Daniel Figueiredo (UFRJ)
Jano Moreira de Souza (UFRJ)
Jonice Oliveira (UFRJ)
Juliana Valério (UFRJ)
Mirella Moro (UFMG)
Mitre Dourado (UFRJ)
Renata Galante (UFRGS)
Roberto Imbuzeiro Oliveira (IMPA)
Fabrício Benevenuto (UFMG)
Li Weigang (UnB)