SPCloud 2015 : 5th International Workshop on Security, Privacy and Performance in Cloud Computing
Call For Papers
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
Cloud computing is transforming the way large-scale computation is performed. Dynamic scalability or “elasticity” provided by the cloud make high-performance computing accessible to everyone. However, cloud computing introduces new challenges with respect to security and privacy. Although virtualization addresses some of these concerns, it has a significant impact on performance: the actual gains in performance depend heavily on the predictability of physical and virtualized resources. Consequently, the balancing of performance against security and the adaptation of HPC or VLDB techniques to cloud computing are of strategic importance and will have long-lasting scientific impact.
The Fourth SPCLOUD workshop brings together researchers and IT practitioners, to present new results and ongoing work on the themes of security, privacy, and performance in the cloud.
The SPCLOUD Workshop topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Secure Mobile Cloud
• Reliability and Security of Cloud Environments
• Monitoring for Cloud-Based Applications
• Cryptography and Crypto-Protocols for Cloud Computing Systems
• Parallel Computing With Cloud-Based Systems
• Very Large Databases In The Cloud: Transactions, Backup, Security, Scalability
• Security and Virtualization
• Risk Management in Cloud Computing Environments
• Usability and Human Centered Security for Clouds
• Trusted Data Sharing and Shared Technology Issues
• Untrusted Cloud Servers and Networks
• Privacy Protection in Cloud Platforms and Operations
• Autonomic Security in Cloud Computing
• Intercloud Security Issues and Considerations
• Insecure Interfaces and APIs
• Insiders Threats
• Security Models for New Services
• Services Hijacking
• Interoperable Identity Management
• Information Hiding in Cloud Computing
• Forensics in the Clouds
• Cloud Infrastructure Security
• Use of Cloud Systems for Scalable High-performance Computing
• Performance Overhead of Virtualization
• Monitoring of Cloud Systems, Alerts for Resource Consumption
• Identification and Privacy in Cloud
SPCLOUD welcomes submission of papers describing:
• Experimental work to measure existing systems and applications
• Industrial experience relevant to the Workshop’s themes
• Theoretical work on specific new models
• Software and hardware platforms from the angle of security and performance
• Short papers describing ongoing work.
Submitted papers should highlight their application or relevance for cloud computing.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS:
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above and other topics related to security, privacy, and performance issues in cloud computing. Submitted papers must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author and include up to 6 keywords from the above list of topics and an abstract of no more than 400 words. The full manuscript should be at most 8 pages using the two-column IEEE format. Additional pages will be charged additional fee. Short papers (up to 4 pages), poster papers and posters will also be accepted for submission. In case of multiple authors, an indication of which author(s) is responsible for correspondence must be indicated. Please include page numbers on all submissions to make it easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments.
Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript using the Workshop EasyChair submission link at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=spcloud2015. Acknowledgement will be sent within 48 hours of submission.
Only PDF files will be accepted. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, contributions, technical clarity, and presentation. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted. Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their papers will be registered and presented at the workshop.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Instructions for final manuscript format and requirements will be posted on the HPCS 2014 web site. It is our intent to have the proceedings formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at the time of the conference. The proceedings is to be published as ISBN proceedings by the IEEE and will be available online through IEEE Digital Library and indexed by major indexing services accordingly (e.g., SCOPUS, EI indexing …).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work for a special issue in a distinguished ISI Journal. More details will be announced later.
If you have any questions about paper submission or the workshop, please contact the workshop organizers.
Extended Paper Submissions: ------------------------------- April 15, 2015
Acceptance Notification: ---------------------------------- April 30, 2015
Camera Ready Papers and Registration Due by: -------------- May 14, 2015
Conference Dates: ---------------------------------------- July 20-24, 2014
DIBRIS - University of Genova
Viale F. Causa, 13, 16145, Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 353 2344
Fax: +39 010 353 2948
DEI - University of Padua
Via Gradenigo, 6/B, I-35131, Padova, Italy
Phone: +39 328 1003221
International Program Committee*:
All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the workshop technical program committee members following similar criteria used in HPCS 2015.
• Mishari Almishari, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
• Filipe Beato, ESAT/COSIC, KU Leuven, Belgium.
• Matthias Buchler, Technische Universitat, Munchen, Germany.
• Roberto Carbone, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
• Valentina Casola, University of Naples, Federico II, Italy
• Aniello Castiglione, University of Salerno, Italy
• Gabriele Costa, University of Genoa, Italy
• Paolo Gasti, New York Institute of Technology, USA.
• Joshua Jeong Hae-Duck, Korean Bible University, South Korea.
• Fang-Yie Leu, Tunghai University, Taiwan.
• Gabriele Oligeri, University of Roma Tre, Italy.
• Francesco Palmieri, Second University of Naples, Italy.
• Vaidy Sunderam, Emory University, Atlanta, USA.
• Ilsun You, Korean Bible University, South Korea.
(*The TPC is pending and will be confirmed shortly.)
For information or questions about Conference's paper submission, tutorials, posters, workshops, special sessions, exhibits, demos, panels and forums organization, doctoral colloquium, and any other information about the conference location, registration, paper formatting, etc., please consult the Conference’s web site at URL: http://hpcs2015.cisedu.info/ or contact one of the Conference's organizers.