SOFIEE 2015 : Symposium on Future Intelligent Educational Environments and Learning
Call For Papers
We are pleased to invite you to submit a paper, poster or demo to the Symposium on Future Intelligent Educational Environments and Learning (SOFIEEe) which will be held in Prague from the 13-14th July 2015. This Symposium focuses on creating educational environments that are friendly, smart or intelligent, open, personalized, and can seamlessly support anytime anywhere learning or training. Intelligent not only refers to technology, but also to human processes and behaviours
The core differentiating feature of this symposium is that the teaching environments are in some way smart or intelligent. Thus, there are a multiplicity of types of learning environments that are addressed by this such as smart buildings or classrooms, virtual & mixed reality environments, clouds and mobile learning systems that can interact with students and teachers at a pedagogical level, so as to bring true innovations to education. We will also include environments that support the learning of practical skills, such as science and engineering laboratories that are critical to students following STEM courses. In addition, the symposium also includes building a wider smart or intelligent campus infrastructure which can also impact the cost and effectiveness of education.
This Symposium will feature an inspiring keynote presentation and, in addition to the papers and demonstrations, will include an open panel discussion about the future of education. Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review elsewhere. We welcome all papers that relate to the application of new smart and intelligent approaches to teaching, learning, or training.
Papers should address the most current research in creating a holistic next-generation smart education environment that is suited for the 21st century. This event thus offers researchers, practitioners, and stakeholders a forum to share ideas, insights and experiences, as well as to explore multidisciplinary research advances within the context of an intelligent learning environment.
Some of the topics of interest include (but is not limited to):
- Smart or Intelligent Learning and Teaching
- Smart or Intelligent learning management systems and environments
- Smart or Intelligent buildings or classrooms
- Flipped Classroom
- Smart Labs
- Virtual or Mixed-Reality in Education
- Innovative research and practice in Mobile, Blended or Hybrid Learning
- New trends of learning or training: seamless, affective, social, and collaborative
- Design, development, and implementation of Edutainment
- Technology enabled crowd sourced journalism
- Learning Analytics
- Big Data in Education, Training and Journalism
- Innovative course delivery such as open courses, open learning, and open educational resources
- Learning Clouds
- Personalized intelligent tutors
- New Pedagogy for the Digital Age
- Digital Library, E-publishing, and e-readers.
- Global learning partnerships and innovations as related to the theme of this symposium