MCDE 2015 : CALL FOR PARTICIPATION - 2015 Workshop on Online Privacy and Consent - #MCDE15
Call For Papers
** CALL FOR PARTICIPATION **
2015 Workshop on Online Privacy and Consent - #MCDE15
The Meaningful Consent in the Digital Economy project (MCDE) is hosting is an interdisciplinary workshop on issues related to giving and obtaining user consent online, with special emphasis on privacy and data protection. This will be an exciting opportunity to hear from, and network with, members of academia, industry and policy, and to shape current thinking and research around digital consent in the UK, Europe and abroad.
Topics include: Privacy and Data Protection Policy; the Value and Cost of Privacy; User Behaviour; Human-Computer Interaction and Ethics.
This workshop will that place at the University of Southampton, UK from 23 to 24 February 2015. Find out more at http://www.meaningfulconsent.org/ and access the registration form at https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/14178
Attendance is free of charge; and refreshments will be provided.
* Doc Searls (Alumnus fellow with the Berkman Center for Internet and Society(http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/) at Harvard University(http://harvard.edu/), Author of "The Intention Economy: When Customers Take Charge" and Senior editor for Linux Journal)
* Professor Angela Sasse (Professor of Human-Centred Technology, UCL Department of Computer Science)
* Iain Bourne (Group Manager at Information Commissioner's Office)
* Natasa Milic-Frayling (Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge)
* Professor Julian Williams (Professor at Durham University and scientific director of the European Commission FP7 project "SECurity ecONMICS ")
* Jonathan Cave (Senior research fellow at RAND Europe)
* Tim Baarslag
* Helia Marreiros - contact: firstname.lastname@example.org(mailto:email@example.com)
* m.c. schraefel
* Michael Vlassopoulos
* Enrico Gerding
* Richard Gomer
* Mirco Tonin