eScience 2015 : 11th IEEE International Conference on eScience
Call For Papers
11th IEEE International Conference on eScience
Munich, Germany, August 31 - September 04, 2015
Early rate registration available until 10th July 2015!
The ways scientific research is conducted and its results are taken up are undergoing radical changes as a result of the digital revolution. Researchers in all disciplines are increasingly adopting digital tools, techniques and practices in communities and projects that span multiple disciplines, laboratories, organizations, and national boundaries. The e-Science 2015 conference is designed to bring together leading international and interdisciplinary research communities, developers, and users of e-Science applications and enabling IT technologies. The conference aims to serve as a forum to present recent research advances in e-Science and highlight associated activities worldwide, providing an outlook of challenges and opportunities we will face in the future.
e-Science 2015 will follow the previous e-Science conferences in encouraging submissions that explore advances in the application of technology in particular disciplines, covering both data-oriented and compute-oriented approaches, as well as extreme scale approaches and applications.
Major topics include, but are not limited to
New ways to engage and collaborate with external stakeholders, e.g.:
* Scientists from other disciplines
* Stimulating startups and industrial collaboration
* Citizen scientists
* General public
* Addressing the challenge of anti-science
Progress in thematic areas, e.g.:
* Arts, humanities (including Digital Humanities) and e-Social science
* Bioinformatics and e-Health
* Climate, Environmental & Earth Sciences
* Cyberinfrastructure to support e-Science, including novel hardware, software and services
* Data science, data management and digital repositories
* e-Science in the cloud
* Education and e-Science practice
* Physical Sciences and Engineering
Sustainability and service management issues, e.g.:
* Quality of Service in collaborative environments
* Quality aspects of e-Science tools
* Security and trust (including migration of services from organisation to another)
* Long-term sustainability (20 - 50 year perspective)
Conference Dates: 31 August - 04 September 2015
The conference proceedings are planned to be made available online through the IEEE Digital Library.