AIS 2015 : International Workshop on Artificial Immune Systems
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS, ABSTRACTS, ORAL/POSTER PRESENTATIONS
** Apologies for cross-posting **
** Please forward to anybody who might be interested. **
International Workshop on Artificial Immune Systems
- Systems & Synthetic Immunology, Computational Immunology & Immune-Inspired Engineering -
July 17-18, 2015 - Taormina, Italy
**** PLENARY SPEAKERS:
Alessandro SETTE, La Jolla Institute for Allergy & Immunology, La Jolla, USA
Hugues BERSINI, IRIDIA, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
**** SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 18th February 2015
**** PROCEEDINGS in IEEE Press, as post-proceedings
**** SPECIAL ISSUE in:
BMC IMMUNOLOGY (confirmed)
ENGINEERING APPLICATIONS OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, Elsevier (confirmed)
** General Information **
The main aim of AIS 2015 is to foster the essential relations between immunologists and modelers that work into the research areas of systems immunology, synthetic immunology, computational immunology, cellular immunology, immune-inspired computation and immune-inspired engineering. In addition to peer-reviewed papers, the workshop will present a range of plenary lectures in order to inspire and facilitate all AIS researchers in their current and future work.
The workshop is under the patronage of IEEE CIS Task Force on Artificial Immune Systems (http://ieee-cis-ais.org) and it is co-sponsored by IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (http://cis.ieee.org/)
*** You are invited to submit papers to this exciting event! ***
** Important Dates **
- Abstract submission: 18th February 2015
- Regular Paper submission: 18th February 2015
- Abstract Notification: 26th March 2015
- Regular Paper notification: 26th March 2015
- Camera-ready submission: 16th April 2015
- Early Registration: 20th April 2015
** Plenary Speakers **
- Hugues Bersini, IRIDIA, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Alessandro Sette, La Jolla Institute for Allergy & Immunology, La Jolla, USA
More speakers to be announced
** Paper Submission **
Authors are encouraged to submit novel contributions in one of the main topics of AIS 2015, and explain how their work sheds light on the fundamental properties of natural and artificial immune system, and makes progress on the important open questions of systems & synthetic immunology, computational immunology, and immune-inspired engineering.
AIS 2015 includes three different types of submission:
1) *regular paper*: 8-pages maximum length, including figures, table & references. It should report on new and unpublished work;
2) *abstract*: max 2 pages length;
3) *Oral/Poster presentations*: no pages restriction. It should discuss works in progress; new research ideas; works previously published elsewhere (it is essential that a reference to the previous article is clearly cited); and all that may be relevant and fruitful for soliciting discussions at the workshop.
All the submitted papers must be formatted using IEEE style (http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html). Note that the format is exactly the same for all options.
All submissions will be subject to peer review by the program committee, and all accepted submissions are allocated either an oral presentation slot or a poster slot with no distinction being made between the submission options.
** Proceedings - IEEE press **
All accepted papers for the first two options will be published in a volume by IEEE Press, whilst all accepted papers relative to the last option will be published in an electronic book, and it will put online in the workshop website.
** Special issue **
The authors of the best papers will have the opportunity to publish a revised and expanded version of their conference paper in Engineering Applications for Artificial Intelligence, Elsevier (confirmed), and in BMC Immunology (confirmed).
** Location **
The conference will be held in Taormina http://www.dmi.unict.it/ais2015/location.html
All information about venue and accommodation may be found at the following links: