CDCGM 2015 : 4th Track on the Convergence of Distributed Clouds, Grids and their Management @WETICE 2015
Call For Papers
4th CDCGM track - Convergence of Distributed Clouds, Grids and their Management.
June, 15-17, 2015 - Larnaca, Cyprus.
* Track web site: http://cdcgm.dieei.unict.it
* Conference web site: www.wetice.org
=== CDCGM CFP ===
The wide adoption of Cloud Computing architectures for utility computing, big-data solutions, Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and highly scalable and resilient commodity hardware, have allowed the developers and consumers to access a wide range of services and computational resources through a pay-per-use model.
Moreover, the ever increasing need to consume and the associated need for assuring services in larger and larger scale are forcing the providers to optimize resources efficiently in order to meet the web-scale demand of current computing landscape.
The computing, management and programming models have to evolve to address the complexity and the resulting tool fatigue in current distributed data centers. Novel unified computing theories and implementations are required to address the resiliency and efficiency of global web-scale services creation, delivery and assurance.
One of the main problems is that the current generation virtualization technologies cannot scale in a distributed environment where multiple owners provide infrastructure that is heterogeneous and is evolving rapidly. As a consequence, new architectures focusing on intelligent services deployed using dumb infrastructure on fat and stupid pipes must evolve.
Traditional grid computing elements, frameworks, middlewares, and computing models used by scientists and business analysists need to be integrated into a unified computing framework.
The goal of CDCGM 2015 is to attract young researchers, Ph.D. students, practitioners, and business leaders to bring contributions in the area of distributed Clouds, Grid and their management, especially in the developments of computing, management and programming models, technologies, framework and middleware.
You are invited to submit research papers to the following AREAS:
- Discovering new application scenarios, proposing new operating systems, programming abstractions and tools with particular reference to distributed Grids and Clouds and their integration.
- Identifying the challenging problems that still need to be solved such as parallel programming, scaling and management of distributed computing elements.
- Reporting results and experiences gained in building dynamic Grid-based middleware, Computing Cloud and Workflow management systems.
- New models and technologies for management, configuration, accounting of computational resources within Cloud and Grid systems.
- Cloud/Grid Composition, Federation and Orchestration.
- High Performance Cloud Computing.
- Interoperability between native High Performance Infrastructures and Public/Hybrid Cloud.
- Inter-cloud, large scale Workflow Management with particular reference to unified computing infrastructures.
- Green Cloud Computing.
- Emerging problems and recent trands in the field of IoT and Ubiquitous Clouds.
- Architectures and models for large scale, federated utility computing infrastructures.
- Big Data models and frameworks with particular emphasis to the integration of existing systems into Public/Hybrid Cloud.
- Intelligent systems for Cloud Data management.
- Emerging policies, algorithms and architectural frameworks for Service Level Agreement (SLA) for unified computing infrastructures
- Intelligent systems for deploying and configuration of Clouds and Grid Services.
- Infrastructures, models and frameworks for Utility Computing Service Migration.
- Emerging infrastructures, middleware, frameworks for Unified computing platforms.
- Intelligent systems for unified and federeted utility computing infrastructures.
- Security, Privacy, Trustworthiness for Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds.
- New software architectures for unified and interoperable Grid and Cloud platforms.
- Virtualization of Grid resources and their management within private/hybrid Cloud.
=== Important dates ===
** Paper submissions deadline: February 28, 2015 **
** Notification to authors: March 27, 2015 **
** IEEE Camera Ready: April 10, 2015 **
=== Invitation to submit to the Journal of Grid and Utility Computing (IJCUG) ===
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of
their work to the Journal of Grid and Utility Computing (IJCUG).
( http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijguc )
Detailed instruction will be given at the conference.
=== Steering committee ===
Prof. Antonella Di Stefano....University of Catania, ITALY
Dr. Rao Mikkilineni,PhD...............
C3DNA, California, USA
Prof. Giuseppe Pappalardo...University of Catania, ITALY
Prof. Fatos Xhafa ..........Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (Barcelona), SPAIN.
=== Track co-chairs ===
Dr. Fabrizio Messina, PhD
University of Catania,
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Eng. Giovanni Morana, PhD
C3DNA R&D Labs,
( email@example.com )
Dr. Rao Mikkilineni, PhD
=== Program committee ===
Valentina Casola ......... Università Federico II di Napoli
Douglas D.J. de Macedo ....Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
Alessandra de Benedictis ..... Università Federico II di Napoli
Giancarlo Fortino ....... University of Calabria, Italy
Rosario Giunta .......... Università di Catania, Italy
Lucas Nussbaum .......... Università de Lorraine, France
Massimiliano Rak, ........II Università di Napoli
Eric Renault ............ Institut Mines-Telecom -- Telecom SudParis, France
Matthias Steinbauer ...... Institut of Telecooperation, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
Domenico Rosaci .......... Università Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria, Italy
Giuseppe M.L Sarnè ....... Università Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria, Italy
Ilias Savvas ............. T.E.I of Thessalia, Greece
Mauro Turtur ............. Università del Sannio, Benevento
Daniele Zito, ............ Università di Catania
Pasquale De Meo .......... Università di Messina
=== Submission instructions ===
All the papers submitted will be reviewed by peers and selected papers will be published in WETICE2015 Conference Proceedings by IEEE.
Participants are expected to submit an original research paper or a position paper, not submitted or published elsewhere, through the EasyChair web site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wetice2015
If you do not have an EasyChair account, you can submit the paper to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Submission should follow the IEEE format (single spaced, two columns, 10pt, Times font) at most SIX PAGES, including figures.
The paper should be in either PS or PDF format. Papers using different formats could be not considered for review. Please check also that the submission will include:
The title of the paper.
The names and affiliations of the authors.
A 150-word abstract.
At most eight keywords.
=== Indexing ===
All the paper published in the WETICE 2015 Proceedings will be indexed, among others, in the following DBs: