Cognitonics 2015 : The Fourth International Conference on Cognitonics – the Science about the Human Being in the Digital World
Call For Papers
The Fourth International Conference on Cognitonics – the Science about the Human Being in the Digital World (Cognit-2015, October 12 - 13, 2015) – a subconference of the 18th International Scientific Multiconference "Information Society" – IS 2015 (September 28 - October 14, 2015, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia, http://is.ijs.si)
Co-Chairs: Prof. Dr. Vladimir A. Fomichov * and Prof. Dr. Olga S. Fomichova **
* School of Business Informatics, National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) , Kirpichnaya str. 33, 105187 Moscow, Russia; http://www.hse.ru/en/org/persons/67739;
** Division "Dialogue of Sciences", State Budget Professional Educational Institution “Sparrow Hills”, Universitetsky prospect 5, 119296 Moscow, Russia
Contact person: Vladimir A. Fomichov
E-mail: vfomichov AT hse.ru; vfomichov AT gmail.com
Language of the conference: English
# Conference Scope
The first objective of Cognitonics, or the Science about the Human Being in the Digital World, is to explicate the distortions in the perception of the world caused by the information society and globalization. The second, principal objective of Cognitonics is to cope with these distortions in different fields by means of elaborating systemic solutions for compensating the negative implications of the kind for the personality and society, in particular, for creating cognitive-cultural preconditions of the harmonic development of the personality in the information society and smart society and for ensuring the successful development of national cultures and national languages.
The goal of the conference is to combine the efforts of the scholars from numerous scientific fields and educators in order to establish a new synergy aimed at ensuring the harmonic, well-balanced development of the personality, national cultures, and national economics in the forming smart society and, as a consequence, to compensate a number of broadly observed negative distortions (one of most severe distortions is commercialization of moral values).
From the standpoint of educational practice, Cognitonics proposes an answer to the following question: what precious ideas and images accumulated by the mankind, at what age, and in what a way are to be inscribed into the world's conceptual picture of a person in order to harmonize his/her intellectual and spiritually-coloured emotional development and to contribute to the successful development of national cultures and national economics?
Cognitonics formulates a new, large-scale goal for the software industry and Web science: to develop a new generation of culture-oriented computer programs and online courses (in the collaboration with educators, linguists, art historians, psychologists) - the computer programs and online courses intended for supporting and developing positively-oriented creativity, cognitive-emotional sphere, the appreciation of the roots of the national cultures, the awareness of the integrity of the cultural space in the information and smart society (knowledge society), and for supporting and developing symbolic information processing and linguistic skills, associative and reasoning abilities of children and university students.
Mario Allegra (Italy)
Maria Bontila (Greece)
Rosa Maria Bottino (Italy)
Dumitru Dan Burdescu (Romania)
Kwangsu Cho (South Korea)
Angela Christofidou (Cyprus)
Paul Craig (PR China)
Vasileios Dagdilelis (Greece)
Vladimir Fomichov (Russia)
Olga Fomichova (Russia)
Monika Jadzinska (Poland)
Thomas B. Kane (UK)
Joonho Kim (Japan)
Felipe Lara Rosano (Mexico)
Marian Cristian Mihaescu (Romania)
Ivan Pogarcic (Croatia)
Jens Pohl (USA)
Sugata Sanyal (India)
Linda Turner (Canada)
The participants of the conference register for the Multiconference "Information Society-2015” (IS-2015). The registration fee (see later the section “Registration” of the IS-2015 Web-site http://is.ijs.si) covers the participation in all sessions of IS-2015, an USB with the Proceedings of IS-2015 (include an ISBN), coffee-breaks, and a Cocktail Party. The registration fee of IS-2014 was 100EUR.
Preliminary Registration Form and an Abstract: August 5, 2015
Paper: August 7, 2015
Authors Notification: August 20, 2015
Final Paper: August 25, 2015
Registration for Information Society 2015: September 30, 2015.
#Expected Topics (their list is not exhaustive)
Track 1: Theoretical Foundations and Methods of Supporting Harmonic Development of the Personality and National Cultures in Smart Society
- analysis of negative shifts in the modern information society and of the young generation’s response to these shifts,
- cognitive foundations of education in the smart society;
- cognitive foundations of sustainable development;
- cognitive approaches to preventing the misuse of information and communication technologies;
- constructive theoretical foundations and practical experience of supporting and developing any of the following qualities and skills: emotional intelligence, emotional competence, communication culture, broad mental outlook, appreciation of the roots of national culture, the ability to appreciate the own thought and the thoughts of other people, positive attitude to life, self-determination, positive creativity, deep awareness of social agreements, social competence, social responsibility, feeling of citizen, compassion, the skill of integrating information from dispersed sources, figurative (metaphoric) reasoning, associative abilities, analogous thinking, reading with understanding of connections between various personages and events, aesthetic feeling (the feeling of beauty in all its manifestations), linguistic skills (mother tongue, second language, third language), rich language of every-day communication, scientific curiosity; serendipity;
- the methods of compensating a shift from the eternal moral values to commercialized values caused by the rapid changes in the information society;
- what to do with digital divide;
- constructive approaches to education under the framework of positive psychology movement;
- mindfulness-based education programs;
- looking for the new ways of introducing the eternal values of the humanity and the changes in the perception of the world in the educational programs in the form of cross-disciplinary courses (a synergy of lessons of language, literature, poetry, history, art, music, classic dance).
Track 2: The Methods and Tools of Computer Science and Web Science for Supporting Harmonic Development of the Personality
The methods of designing and experience of using culture-oriented computer intelligent systems (local computer network based or Web-based) and online courses for supporting and developing any qualities and skills mentioned in the formulation of themes pertaining to Track 1.
Track 3: Practical Significance of Ethics, Aesthetics, Creativity Development, and Culture Peculiarities for Economics of Smart Society
- the influence of the codes of business conduct on the success of big corporations;
- business ethics stating that social responsibility of a company is its moral duty;
- the positive correlations between well-developed aesthetical feeling of a person and his/her attitude to professional duties.
It is also possible to judge about the diapason of themes being appropriate for the conference:
(a) on the paper Fomichov, V.A., 2015. Conscious Control during Childhood, Development of. In: James D. Wright (editor-in-chief), International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edition, Vol 4. Oxford: Elsevier, pp. 666–672;
(b) on the publications in Informatica. An International Journal of Computing and Informatics (http://www.informatica.si, open access):
– V. Fomichov (Ed.), Special Issue on Developing Creativity and Broad Mental Outlook, 2006, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 385-446; www.informatica.si/vol30.htm#No4 (the papers from Canada, Italy, Botswana, The Netherlands, Romania, Russia);
– H. Yasuda (Japan) A Risk Management System Against Cyber Bullying in High School: Warning System with Leaflets and Emergency Staffs, 2012, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 255-259; www.informatica.si/vol34.htm#No2;
– V. Fomichov and O. Fomichova (Eds.), Special Issue on the Human Being in the Digital World, 2012, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 119-166; www.informatica.si/vol36.htm#No2 (the papers from Croatia, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Russia);
- P. Craig, N. Roa-Seiler, M. Martinez Diaz, F. Lara Rosano (PR China, Mexico, and UK), A Cognitonics Approach to Computer Supported Learning in the Mexican State of Oaxaca, 2014, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 263-271; www.informatica.si/vol38.htm#No3;
- T. B. Kane (UK) Using Cognitive Tunnels in a New Approach to Building Social Elevators in the Information Society, 2014, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 263-271; www.informatica.si/vol38.htm#No3;
- V. Fomichov, O. Fomichova (Russia) An Imperative of a Poorly Recognized Existential Risk: Early Socialization of Smart Young Generation in Information Society, 2014, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 59-70; www.informatica.si/vol38.htm#No1;
(c) on the Proceedings of the First, Second, and Third International Conferences on Cognitonics (October 2009, 2011, and 2013) - the subconferences of International Multiconferences Information Society 2009, 2011, 2013, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia, http://is.ijs.si/is/is2009/zborniki.asp?lang=eng; http://is.ijs.si/is/is2011/zborniki.asp?lang=eng;
http://is.ijs.si/is/is2013/zborniki.asp?lang=eng (Proceedings A, Section “Cognitonics”);
d) on selected papers on Cognitonics on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at http://ssrn.com/author=1871348.
#Preliminary Registration Form
Last name, First Name, Title (in particular, Ms., Mrs. or Mr.):
Fax number (optional):
Do you plan to submit a paper?: Yes/No
Preliminary title or subject of the paper (if applicable)
Short abstract - several phrases or more (optional):
Do you plan to attend the Conference? Yes/No
I need the following technical equipment:
#Format and Way of Submitting Preliminary Registration Forms
A plain text message via e-mail at EACH of the following addresses:
vfomichov AT hse.ru; vfomichov AT gmail.com
#Format and Way of Submitting Prelimainary and Final Papers
A Word file (4 pages) with the extension .DOC (not .DOCX) in accordance with a pattern (see http://is.ijs.si) via e-mail at EACH of the following addresses: vfomichov AT hse.ru; vfomichov AT gmail.com