WICSA/CompArch Workshops 2015 : Call for Workshops @ WICSA/CompArch 2015
Call For Papers
Call for Workshops
WICSA 2015, the 12th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture, and CompArch 2015, the 9th federated conference series bringing together researchers and practitioners from Component-Based Software Engineering and Quality of Software Architecture, are launching a unified call for workshops for the 2015 co-located event that will be held in Montréal, Canada, May 4-8, 2015.
WICSA+CompArch 2015 workshops provide a unique forum for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss the latest R&D results, experiences, trends, and challenges in the field of software architecture, component-based software engineering, and software system qualities. Workshops may be half-day or one-day events to be held before or after the main conference.
Workshop chairs are responsible for submission and selection of papers. Submissions must follow the ACM proceedings format, as workshop proceedings will be published by ACM Digital Library. Workshop organizers may allow for different types of contributions (e.g., short and long papers), but a workshop paper should not exceed a maximum of 8 pages in ACM format (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates).
Proposals must not exceed four pages and must be submitted electronically in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) to EasyChair and selecting the WICSA/CompArch 2015 Workshops track (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wicsa2015)
• Draft call for papers (including themes and goals of the workshop)
• Further elaboration on connection with WICSA, COMPARCH, and other similar events
• Workshop format plan (including preference of one-day or half-day)
• Information about previous editions of the same workshop (if any)
• Organizers and proposed Program Committee members and their affiliations
• Initial publicity plan and expected number of submissions and acceptance rate
• Names and simple bios of organizers
• Workshop Proposal Submission: January 16, 2015 (at latest. Early submissions will be evaluate as soon as they arrive)
• Workshop Proposal Notification: January 23, 2015 (at latest)
• Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: At the discretion of workshop chairs
• Notification of Acceptance: At the discretion of workshop chairs
• Camera-Ready Workshop Papers: April 3, 2015
Workshop proposals will be reviewed in a separate evaluation process from research papers. Acceptance will be based on:
• Evaluation of the workshop’s potential to advance the state of software architecture or component-based research and/or practice
• Timeliness and expected interest in the topic
• Organizers’ ability to lead a successful workshop
• Balance and synergy with other WICSA and CompArch events
Grace Lewis, Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute, USA
Henry Muccini, University of L’Aquila, Italy
For any questions regarding workshops, please email the workshop chairs.