LINQ 2015 : LINQ 2015 Calls for Papers, Projects and Workshops on Learning Innovations and Quality for Changing and Opening Up Education
Call For Papers
LINQ Conference 2015 Announces Motto as “The Need for Change in Education: Openness as Default?”
The 4th annual international conference “Learning Innovations and Quality” (LINQ 2015) has published its three calls related to this year’s theme, “The Need for Change in Education: Openness as Default?” Continuing the successful series of conferences from 2013 in Rome and 2014 in Crete, LINQ returns to its birthplace in Brussels to discuss the place of open education and research in contemporary society. From 12 to 13 May 2015, LINQ will convene international learning experts and practitioners from all educational sectors. Interested parties are invited to submit research papers, project overviews, and workshop proposals on the following themes by 4 February, 2015:
• Vision and needs for change in education through open learning worldwide
• Strategies and implementations of openness in learning processes
• Global aspects of high-quality open education
• Quality indicators and methods to describe, measure and evaluate quality for open education, OER and MOOCs
• Conceptual contributions on new and innovative quality models, methodologies, standards and approaches for open education and e-learning
• Practical experiences and reports with implementations of quality approaches for open education
• Competences required by institutions as well as by learners for designing, practicing and improving the quality of open learning
• Methodologies for and experience of increased recognition of open learning in formal, non-formal and informal learning, education and training
• Certification of open education and e-learning in institutions, programs &courses
• Integrated innovation and quality approaches for opening up education
• International, national and regional quality projects related to the themes of the conference
Submissions to both calls must be sent by 4 February, 2015, using the official LINQ templates available on the conference website (see below). All submissions to the call for papers are limited to a maximum of eight pages and will be reviewed by the international scientific LINQ Programme Committee through double-blind peer review. All submissions of research project descriptions to the call for projects are limited to one page and all submissions to the call for workshops answer all questions on the template completely.
Submitters will be informed of their acceptance by 20 March 2015. All accepted papers and project descriptions can be presented at the LINQ conference, will be published in the official proceedings (with ISBN) and distributed to all conference participants worldwide and online under open access guidelines. Selected papers will be invited to be published in an international journal.
Specific guidelines and requirements can be found on the conference website: www.learning-innovations.eu.
Attendance at the LINQ 2015 is subject to a conference fee and requires registration through the LINQ website, as space is limited. The conference fee includes all provisions, including warm lunches, coffee breaks, the conference bag, and a copy of the official conference proceedings. At least one author has to register for the conference for the publication of an accepted paper in the proceedings.
Overview of the important dates:
- Paper submission deadline: 4 February 2015
- Notification of acceptance: 20 March 2015
- Camera-Ready copy due: 31 March 2015
- LINQ Conference (preliminary): 12-13May 2015 in Brussels
For the latest information on the conference, please visit and like the LINQ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LINQConference and follow the LINQ Twitter account @LINQ_Conference.
Direct enquiries and full papers can be sent to the LINQ Conference Manager Mrs Tatiana Shamarina-Heidenreich at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany (Tatiana.Shamarina-Heidenreich@icb.uni-due.de).
About the 4th European Conference on
Learning Innovations and Quality:
“The Need for Change in Education: Openness as Default?”
The main goal of LINQ 2015 is to bring together a variety of experts and professionals active in the field of innovations and quality in lifelong learning (LLL). LINQ will support an innovative exchange of the latest developments in learning, education and training innovations and quality on both a European and international level. Potential points of access to this field include new learning methods and design, open learning and education, technology-enhanced learning (TEL), quality standards and certification, human resources development, competences and skills, digital resources, learning materials, and online collaboration and communities.
LINQ 2014 attracted hundreds of submissions from throughout Europe, as well as Asia, America, and Africa. LINQ 2014 thus showed a continuation in the high level of interest which made LINQ 2013 such a successful conference with more than 200 participants from four continents. LINQ 2015 will continue this trend in and return to its birthplace in 2012 in Brussels, Belgium.
More information about LINQ online:
LINQ 2015 Contact:
Conference Manager: Tatiana Shamarina-Heidenreich
Organization: University of Duisburg-Essen
Address: Universitaetsstr. 9 (ICB)
45141 Essen, GERMANY