IFIP WISE 9 2015 : The Ninth World Conference on Information Security Education
Call For Papers
The Ninth World Conference on Information Security Education
May 26-28, 2015
IFIP TC11 WG 11.8 - Information Security Education
At SEC 2015 - IFIP International Information Security Conference
The IFIP Working Group 11.8 - Information Security Education will hold the Ninth World Conference on Information Security Education (WISE9) in order to advance the state of computer security and information assurance education throughout the world. To that end, we invite practitioners, researchers, and policy makers from academia, industry, and government to submit papers for presentation and working group topics to WISE9. We will organize the conference around paper presentations and potential working group topics. All presentations and discussions will be in English.
WISE9 will be held in conjunction with the 2015 IFIP International Information Security Conference (SEC2015). See the WISEE9 web site http://www.ifiptc11.org/index.php?id=wise9 for more information about WISE9; see the SEC2015 web site http://sec2015.org/ for more information about SEC2015.
The theme for WISE9 is “Information Security Education Across the Curriculum”. We solicit submissions on all relevant topics including, but not limited to:
• New Programs in Security and Privacy Education
• Training the Cyberwarrior
• Information Security Laboratories
• Information Security in Non-Academic Contexts
• Computer Security and Infrastructure Protection
• Informing Citizens in Information Security
• Cyber Ethics
• Education in Computer Forensics and the Law
• Education in Electronic Commerce Security
• Education of Information Security Professionals
• Information Systems Auditing
• International Standards of Security Education and Assessment
• Evaluation of Security Programs
• Programs to Raise Information Security Awareness
• Holistic Approaches in Information Security Training
• Experimental Information Security Education and Training
• Information Security Distance Learning
• Security Certification Programs
The conference will feature general paper sessions and a working group session.
- Paper submissions should follow the guidelines for full paper submission using the template that can be found at http://www.ifiptc11.org/index.php?id=authorguidelineswise9 and are to be submitted through EasyChair at
The submissions for WISE will be reviewed separately from the SEC2015. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Papers must be original work, not previously published, written in English, and up to 10 pages long. All submissions will be reviewed double blind and must be submitted in a full and blinded version (author and institution information removed). Submission instructions are available on the conference website. Acceptance will be based upon originality, contribution to the field, and relevance to the conference. The conference proceedings will be published under the IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology Series by Springer (with ISBN and indexed in Scopus) and distributed at the conference.
- Submissions for working group topics should describe in ~500 words the topic of the working group, its relevance to TC11.8, the goals to be achieved during WISE, and plans for continued collaboration after WISE.
EXTENDED Deadline for submission of full papers and working group abstracts Jan 26, 2015
Notification of authors and Programme Published Feb 27, 2015
Delivery of Camera-ready papers by authors Mar 13, 2015
WISE9 conference chair: Lynn Futcher
WISE9 program chairs: Natalia Miloslavskaya, Matt Bishop
WISE9 publications chair: Marianthi Theocharidou
WISE9 local/logistics chair: Erik Moore
Matt Bishop, University of California at Davis, USA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +1 530 752 8060 Fax: +1 530 752 4767