smartobjects 2015 : 4th IUI Workshop on Interacting with Smart Objects
Call For Papers
4th IUI Workshop on Interacting with Smart Objects
in conjunction with IUI 2015, Atlanta, GA, USA
(Tentative) Mar 29, 2015
The aim of this workshop is to facilitate discussion on the design of interaction with smart objects. The workshop has interdisciplinary appeal and welcomes researchers, practitioners and experts from the various fields from human-computer interaction as well as related areas like psychology and product design.
We seek high quality contributions that explore the combination of intelligent interaction with the specific characteristics of smart objects. Topics include but are not limited to:
- novel interaction concepts for smart objects
- self-explanatory smart objects
- multimodal interaction
- embodied and tangible interaction
- accessibility through smart objects
- intelligibility of smart objects
- user studies and evaluation techniques
- technology and models required for enabling the interaction with smart objects
- situation models and reasoning
Join our facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=149155838438443 to get the latest updates.
We invite submissions in three different formats:
- Position papers and posters (4 pages) describe a motivated opinion or viewpoint on interaction with smart objects, identifies an open issue or important problem, or presents work in progress.
- Demo papers (4 pages) describe a system setup that demonstrates novel ways to interact with smart objects.
- Full papers (8 pages) describe substantial contributions of novel ongoing work.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 peers. Besides based on general contributions, submissions will also be selected on their potential to initiate discussion. Accepted submissions will be made available as online proceedings on the IUI site. Moreover, they will be made available in the IUI joint CEUR proceedings to ensure that they can be cited. Copyright is retained by the authors thus papers can be submitted for other venues that allow this.
All submissions should be prepared according to the HCI Archive Format and submitted in PDF through the workshop management system at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=smartobjects2015
Dirk Schnelle-Walka, TU Darmstadt, Germany
Stefan Radomski, TU Darmstadt, Germany
Tobias Grosse-Puppendahl, Fraunhofer IGD Darmstadt, Germany
Jochen Huber, Singapore University of Technology and Design & MIT Media Lab, Singapore
Oliver Brdiczka, Vectra Networks, USA
Kris Luyten, iMinds - Expertise Centre for Digital Media - Hasselt University, Belgium
Max Mühlhäuser, TU Darmstadt, Germany
Abstract Submission: Jan 10, 2015
Paper Submission: Jan 16, 2015
Author Notification: Feb 13, 2015
Camera-ready Version: Mar 6, 2015
Workshop: Mar 29, 2015 (tentative)