NAACL-HLT SRW 2015 : NAACL-HLT 2015 Student Research Workshop
Call For Papers
NAACL-HLT 2015 Student Research Workshop (SRW)
Call for Papers
Workshop website: https://sites.google.com/site/naaclsrw2015/home/
The SRW workshop will be held in conjunction with NAACL HLT 2015 in Denver, Colorado.
General Invitation for Submission
The Student Research Workshop provides a venue for student researchers to present their work in computational linguistics and natural language processing. Students receive feedback from the general conference audience as well as from mentors specifically assigned according to the topic of their work.
We invite papers in three different categories:
1. Thesis Proposals. This category is appropriate for advanced students who have decided on a thesis topic and wish to get feedback on their proposal and broader ideas for their continuing work.
2. Research Papers. Papers in this category can describe completed work, or work in progress with preliminary results. For these papers, the first author must be a current graduate student.
3. Special undergraduate track. In order to encourage undergraduate research, we are offering a special track for research papers where the first author is an undergraduate student.
Topics of interest for the SRW are the same as NAACL main conference.
Benefits of participation
* All accepted papers will be presented in the main conference poster session giving students an opportunity to interact with and present their work to a large and diverse audience, including top researchers in the field.
* All accepted papers (thesis, research, undergraduate) will be published in the NAACL 2015 SRW Proceedings.
* Each participant is also assigned a mentor – an experienced researcher – who can provide valuable advice.
* Additional feedback is being planned for thesis proposals.
All research papers should follow the two-column format of the NAACL HLT 2015 proceedings. All papers will have a maximum limit of 6 pages for content, with additional pages for references.
Submissions must conform to the specifications of NAACL HLT 2015 call for papers regarding multiple submissions and preparing papers for the double-blind review process. Papers which do not conform to these specifications will be rejected.
Grants from the NSF and corporate sponsors will be available to offset some portion of the students' conference registration, travel and accommodation expenses. Further details will be posted soon.
All deadlines are calculated at 11:59 pm (PST/GMT -8 hours)
* Papers must be submitted by February 12, 2015.
* Acceptance notification deadline: TBD
* NAACL main conference dates: May 31 – June 5, 2015
Please check this site for updated timelines as further information becomes available.
The co-chairs of the workshop can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org(mailto:email@example.com)
· Shibamouli Lahiri, University of Michigan
· Karen Mazidi, University of North Texas
· Alisa Zhila, Instituto Politécnico Nacional
· Diana Inkpen, University of Ottawa
· Smaranda Muresan, Columbia University