ESARDA Symposium 2015 : 37th ESARDA Annual Meeting - 2015 Symposium
Call For Papers
The 37th ESARDA Annual Meeting will be a symposium on Safeguards and Nuclear Non-Proliferation, held in Manchester, UK from 19 - 21 May, 2015. The Symposium will be preceded by meetings of the ESARDA Working Groups, on 18 May 2015.
The symposium will be an opportunity for research organisations, safeguards authorities and nuclear plant operators to exchange information on new aspects of international safeguards and non-proliferation, as well as recent developments in nuclear safeguards and non-proliferation related research activities and their implications for the safeguards community.
The symposium is anticipated to include a number of contributions from internationally-renowned authorities in the field.
Information about abstract submission, venue and registration can be found at https://esarda.jrc.ec.europa.eu/.
Registration open from 1 December 2014.
Early registration fees, 1 December 2014 -28 February 2015: 550 Euro
Registration fees after 28 February 2015: 650 Euro
The following themes will give directions to the symposium:
Safeguards Concepts and Implementation
• EURATOM and IAEA Safeguards
- Euratom system: beyond State level approach (European Union level approach)
- Safeguards concepts (policies, perspectives, limitations, Strengthened and Integrated Safeguards, State and Regional Systems, Quality Assurance Approach)
- Experience in the implementation of Strengthened Safeguards systems and Integrated Safeguards
- Plant-specific experience on techniques, inspections and operations
• Concepts, methods and techniques for safeguarding new facility types
- Proliferation resistance and Safeguards by Design
- Encapsulation and final repositories: concepts and technologies
• Emerging Non-proliferation issues
- Fissile Material Cut-off Treaty
- Excess materials
- Sub/cross-national threats
• Nuclear Safeguards, Safety and Security
• Export Control of dual-use goods
- Export control, trade analysis and related activities
• Nuclear Security and Border Monitoring
- Illicit Trafficking and border controls
• Measurement techniques and standards
- Non-Destructive Assay
- Destructive Assay
- Environmental Sampling
- Nuclear forensics
• Containment and Surveillance
- Containment and surveillance methods and techniques
- Interface between safeguards and physical protection methods
• Integrated Measurement and Monitoring Systems
- Integrated measurement and monitoring systems
- Secure data transmission
• Novel approaches and synergies with other verification regimes
- Radiological, chemical, biological, dual use
- Novel technologies
• Materials control and accounting, auditing and information systems
• Safeguards-relevant Information collection and management
- Information management for nuclear safeguards and non-proliferation
- Data and information evaluation methodology
- Remote monitoring/satellite imagery
• Knowledge Management, education and training
- Human resources and knowledge management issues including public information
Contributions may cover, but are not necessarily limited to, the above-mentioned topics / disciplines.
Presentations with original content are strongly encouraged.