SCPE SI volume 16, issue 1 2015 : Special Issue on Scalable and Distributed Applications
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience
Special Issue on Scalable and Distributed Applications
The increased demand for data-intensive computations enforced to utilize homogeneous and heterogeneous multi-processors and multi-computers distributed across Internet. These computations are represented as applications, which are deployed in GPUs, Grids, Clusters, Supercomputers, Cloud-based or other virtualized resources.
Speeding up the computations and increasing the bandwidth require many techniques like algorithm optimizations, load balancing, parallelization, resource brokering, reducing communication, etc.
The special issue will feature articles that concern large scale computations and scalable computing in distributed systems, considering a wide range of aspects, as specified in the following list of topics.
Areas of interest for this special issue include, but are not limited to:
- Large-scale algorithms and applications
- High performance computations for large scale simulations
- Large-scale distributed computations
- Agent-based computing
- Performance analysis, evaluation and prediction
- Programming models
- Peer-to-peer models and services for scalable Grids
- Data-intensive applications
- Operations on large-scale distributed databases
- Computation as a service
- Federation of compute capacity
- Virtualization supporting computations
- Self-adaptive computational / storage systems
- Volunteer computing
- Large scale computation with GPU
- Horizontal and Vertical scaling
- Load Balancing in large-scale distributed systems
- Intelligent resource allocation
- High Performance Cloud Computing
- Cloud Interoperability and Portability
- Cloud Application Scalability and Availability
- Big Data Cloud Service
- Submission: December 1st, 2014
- Author notification: January 15th 2015
- Revised papers: February 15th 2015
- Author notification: March 1st, 2015
- Camera Ready papers due: March 15th, 2015
- Publication: March 30th, 2015
The special issue seeks original, unpublished work on Scalable and Distributed Application.
The SCPE journal has a rigorous peer-review process and papers will be sent to at least two independent referees. Papers that do not merit publication (for any reason) can be rejected by the Special Issue Editors without further review.
Submitted papers must be formatted according to the journal's instructions, which can be found at:http://www.scpe.org/index.php/scpe/about/submissions#authorGuidelines
SPECIAL ISSUE EDITORS
- David Anderson, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Alexey Lastovetsky, University College Dublin, Ireland
SCALABLE COMPUTING PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
The journal focus on algorithm development, implementation and execution on parallel and distributed architectures, as well on application of parallel and distributed computing to the solution of real-life problems. SCPE provides immediate open access to its content. The journal is submitted for indexation in Scopus SciVerse, The Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), EBSCO, dblp - Computer Science Bibliography, CiteFactor, Index Copernicus, Open Access Library, J-Gate, ZDB, AcademicKeys, BibNet Project at University of Utah, ZENODO, Journal Click. In 2013, the SCPE's SNIP (Scopus Source Normalized Impact per Paper) was 0.619 and SCPE's SJR (Scimago Journal Ranking) was 0.151 (previous year values where: SNIP 0.376 and SJR 0.105). SCPE's SJIF factor was 2.785 in 2012.