MetroAeroSpace 2015 : 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Aerospace
Call For Papers
Following the success of the 1st IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Aerospace (MetroAeroSpace 2014), it was considered convenient to promote a second edition of this event, which aims at reinforcing and supporting the collaborations among people working in developing instrumentation and measurement methods for aerospace.
This new edition will complete the state of the art and practice started last year. Attention is paid, but not limited to, new technology for metrology-assisted production in aerospace industry, aircraft component measurement, sensors and associated signal conditioning for aerospace, and calibration methods for electronic test and measurement for aerospace.
The program is designed to raise the interest of a wide group of researchers, operators and decision-makers from metrology and aerospace fields, by presenting the most innovative solutions in this field from the scientific and technological point of view.
- Electronic instrumentation for aerospace
- Automatic test equipment for aerospace
- Sensors and sensor systems for aerospace applications
- Wireless sensor networks in aerospace
- Attitude- and heading-reference systems
- Monitoring systems in aerospace
- Metrology for navigation and precise positioning
Special Sessions are already organized on:
- Special Session on Measurement for Improving Quality, Reliability And Safety in Aerospace Applications;
- Special Session on Aerospace Photonics Sensors;
- Special Session on Meteorological Sensors and Sensor Systems for flight support;
- Special Session on Relativistic Metrology;
- Special Session on Non Destructive Testing and Evaluation for Aerospace;
- Special Session on Navigation technologies and related applications;
- Special Session on Sensors, Measurements, and Information Fusion for Air Space Security and Defense;
- Special Session on Measurement and Instrumentation for Aerospace Application;
- Special Session on SDR for on-board and ground-based Space Applications and Metrology;
- Special Session on Wave Chaos Metrology and Modeling in EMC and Acoustics;
- Special Session on Systems and measurements for aerial vehicles, intelligent transportation and automatic (online) inspection;
- Special Session on Complex Systems Operational Availability: Measurements, Methodologies and Requirements
Besides the Workshop, participants will enjoy staying in the historical city of Benevento with different touristic tours available each day and the opportunity to extend their visit spending also the weekend in Benevento and Campania Region.
Since June 25th 2011, Benevento, due to the Santa Sofia's Church with its Cloister and the buffer zone hosting several other outstanding samples of Longobard legacy, has been part of UNESCO World Heritage Sites as "Longobards in Italy. Places of the power (568-774 A.D.)".
MetroAeroSpace will be a valuable, enriching and unique event, and an excellent opportunity to meet and socialize with colleagues coming from all over the world.