IEEESystemJournal-5GMMIMO 2015 : IEEE Systems Journal--Special issue on 5G Wireless Systems with Massive MIMO
Call For Papers
IEEE Systems Journal
Special Issue on "5G Wireless Systems with Massive MIMO"
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Fifth Generation (5G) cellular communication system is estimated to arrive around 2020. The goals of 5G are to achieve 10 to 100 times higher typical user data rates, ranging from 1 to 10 Gbps in dense urban environments. However, there is no clear roadmap to achieve such high-performance targets. New technologies still need to be widely investigated.Recently, massive Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO), also known as very large MIMO or Full-Dimensional (FD)-MIMO, has demonstrated great potential to substantially improve spectral efficiency as well as energy efficiency of wireless networks, and therefore has received considerable attention from both industry and academia in 5G research.
However, there has only been preliminary research on massive MIMO so far.
More discussions about massive MIMO are needed not only in industry but also in academia. There are many open issues that have not been well investigated, especially from view points of the wireless system and network. This special issue targets a mixed audience of researchers from several communities, such as signal processing, wireless transmission and communication, information processing, etc. Both theoretical contributions and application validations are welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- New applications and scenarios of 5G wireless systems with massive MIMO
- New architectures for 5G wireless systems with massive MIMO
- Interference coordination and elimination in 5G wireless systems with massive MIMO
- Efficient resource utilization in massive MIMO systems for 5G
- Techniques to enhance spectral efficiency for massive MIMO in 5G wireless systems
- Cooperation and optimization in 5G wireless systems with massive MIMO
- Energy efficiency aspects of 5G wireless systems with massive MIMO
- Millimeter-wave massive MIMO as backhaul for 5G wireless systems
- Protocol design for 5G wireless systems with massive MIMO
- Performance evaluation of 5G wireless systems with massive MIMO
- Experimental systems and field trial of 5G wireless systems with massive MIMO
Papers should always address the above specific topics from the system perspective in order to be considered for this special issue.
Authors are invited to submit original research contributions by following the detailed instructions given in the "Information for Authors" at http://www.ieeesystemsjournal.org. In the cover letter, authors should explicitly state that the paper is submitted to the "Special Issue on Visual Signal Applications over Networks". Questions about the special issue should be directed to the Guest Editors.
Kan Zheng, Beijing University of Posts &Telecommunications (BUPT), China,
Victor C. M. Leung, University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada,
Lie-Liang Yang, Southampton University, UK,
Periklis Chatzimisios, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki (ATEITHE), Greece,
Paper submission deadline: Dec 20, 2014
Notification of the first review: February 28, 2015
Revised paper submission: April 15, 2015
Notification of the re-review: May 30, 2015
Minor revision deadline: June 30, 2015
Final notification: July 30, 2015
Final manuscript: September 15, 2015
Expected publication: 2nd half of 2016