ISORC 2015 : The 18th IEEE International Symposium On Real-Time Computing
Conference Series : International Symposium on Object/Component/Service-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 18th IEEE International Symposium On Real-Time Computing
Auckland, New Zealand
April 13 - 17, 2015
Scope and Topics of Interest
ISORC has become established as the leading event devoted to state-of-the-art research in the field of object/component/service-oriented real-time distributed computing (ORC) technology. We invite original submissions from academia and industry pertaining to all aspects of ORC technology. These include, but are not limited to:
* Programming and system engineering: ORC paradigms, object/component models, languages, synchronous languages, RT CORBA, Embedded .NET, RT RMI, RT Java, UML, model-driven development, specification, design, verification, validation, testing, maintenance, system of systems, time-predictable systems and hardware.
* Distributed computing and communication infrastructures: real-time communication, networked platforms, protocols, Internet QoS, peer-to-peer computing, sensor networks, trusted and dependable systems.
* System software: real-time kernels and OS, middleware support for ORC, QoS management, extensibility, synchronization, resource allocation, scheduling, fault tolerance, security.
* Applications: embedded systems (automotive, avionics, consumer electronics, building systems, sensors, etc), multimedia processing, RT Web-based applications, real-time object-oriented simulations.
* System evaluation: output accuracy, timing, dependability, end-to-end QoS, overhead, fault detection and recovery time.
* Cyber-physical systems: mobile systems, wireless sensor networks, real-time analytics, autonomous automotive systems, process control systems, distributed robotics.
Guidelines for Manuscripts
* Research Papers:
Papers should describe original work and be maximum 8 pages in length using the IEEE paper format (link to templates). A maximum of two extra pages may be purchased.
* Papers presenting Industrial Advances:
Industrial papers and practitioner reports, describing experiences of using ORC technology in application or tool development projects, are an integral part of the technical program of ISORC. A majority of these papers are expected to be shorter and less formal than research papers. They should clearly identify, and discuss in detail, the issues that represent notable industrial advances. Reports with project metrics supporting their claims are particularly sought, as well as those that show both benefits and drawbacks of the approaches used in the given project.
* Short Synopses:
Short papers (4 pages or less using the IEEE format) on substantial real-time applications are also invited, and should contain enough information for the program committee to understand the scope of the project and evaluate the novelty of the problem or approach.
According to program committee guidelines, papers presenting practical techniques, ideas, or evaluations will be favored. Papers reporting experimentation results and industrial experiences are particularly welcome. Originality will not be interpreted too narrowly.
Papers that are based on severely unrealistic assumptions will not be accepted however mathematically or logically sophisticated the discussion may be.
All accepted submissions will appear in the proceedings published by IEEE. A person will not be allowed to present more than 2 papers at the symposium.
Papers are submitted through Easychair. Please use the submission link:
We are currently negotiating for top papers from ISORC 2015 to be invited to the special issue of a high-ranked international journal (title to be confirmed).
* Paper Submission: 12 December, 2014
* Notification of Acceptance: 30 January, 2015
* Camera Ready Paper Due: 20 February, 2015
* Conference: 13-17 April, 2015
Anirudda Gokhale, Vanderbilt University, USA
Parthasarathi Roop, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Paul Townend, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Martin Schoeberl, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Chunming Hu, Beihang University, China
Marco AurÃ©lio Wehrmeister, Federal Univ. Technology - ParanÃ¡, Brazil