MAW 2015 : International Symposium on Mining and Web
Call For Papers
======== MAW15 Call for Papers ========
The Eighth International Symposium on Mining and Web (MAW15)
Gwangju, Korea --- March 24-27, 2015
In conjunction with the 29th IEEE AINA Conference
As the Web has become a major source of information, techniques and methodologies to extract quality information is of paramount importance for many Web applications and users. Big Data mining and knowledge discovery play key roles in many Web applications such as e-commerce and computer security.
Following the success of MAW08 in Okinawa Japan, MAW09 in Bradford UK, MAW10 in Perth Australia, MAW11 in Singapore, MAW12 in Fukuoka Japan, and MAW13 in Barcelona Spain, MAW14 in Victoria Canada, MAW15 aims to bring together scientists, engineers, and practitioners to discuss, exchange ideas, and present their research on mining the Web. Topics of interest that MAW14 covers include general mining techniques and methodologies, as well as their application to the Web (but are not limited to):
* Text, Data, and Media Mining
* Natural Language Processing
* Information Retrieval and Knowledge Discovery
* Social Networks and On-Line Communities
* Information Categorisation, Clustering, and Fusion
* Web Search, Ranking and Optimisation
* Collaborative Filtering, Personalisation and Recommender Systems
* Semantic Web and Ontology
* Cyber Security, Privacy, and Trust
* e-Technology, e-Government, and e-Learning
* Wikis and Blogs Mining
* Web and Business Intelligence
* Web Evolution and Analytics
* Big Data mining and management
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2014 (23:59 PST)
Author Notification: December 15, 2014
Final Manuscript Due: January 15, 2015
Author Registration Deadline: January 15, 2015
Original full papers of at most 6 (six) pages including figures and references in PDF (Proceedings Style: two columns, single-spaced, 10 font) are solicited.
Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, if the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors will register and present at the conference.
Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CSP) and archived in the Digital Library. Extended version of selected papers will be considered for publication in international journals.