WBMA 2014 : 5th Brazilian Workshop on Agile Methods
Call For Papers
The Brazilian Workshop on Agile Methods (WBMA) is the research stage of the Agile Brazil Conference. It is an academic event on Agile software development. For this fourth edition, we hope to repeat the success of previous years, when the workshop received many papers and the participation of a large number of students, researchers, and professionals from all over World.
Last year, Agile Brazil (the event hosting WBMA) counted over 1000 attendees from the whole world. This year the workshop expects to receive even more participants from Brazil and researchers and students from abroad, coming from top international universities and IT companies.
This year, WBMA will happen on November 5th in Florianópolis, collocated with the 5th Agile Brazil.
Topics of Interest:
- Adoption of Agile / Lean
- Agile Methods for Systems and Software Architecture
- Agile for the Development of Critical Systems
- Human and Social Aspects in Agile Methods
- Agile Project Management, Outsourcing and Governance in the agile context
- Development in distributed and global agile teams
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Teaching and coaching Agile and Lean
- Scaling Agile to large corporations
- Experimental studies with Agile / Lean
- Tools and techniques on Agile / Lean
- Conceptual Studies and theoretical foundations of Agile / Lean
- Managing Technical Debt
- Innovation and entrepreneurship Agile
- Lean Startups
- Agile / Lean in distributed environments and large teams
- Agile in Government
- Metrics, Measurements and Mining repositories in the context of agile
- Patterns and anti-patterns applying Agile / Lean
- User roles (co-participation)
- Agile practices and future trends, evolution and revolution (technical or managerial)
- Agile principles, Lean Manufacturing and other disciplines
- Agile Testing & Quality: techniques, patterns and automated support
- Organizational transformation and cultural aspects on agile businesses
- User Experience (UX) environments on Agile / Lean
- Test-driven Development
- Refactoring Techniques
- Techniques for Continuous Inspection
Papers about other topics related to agile methods are also welcomed.
WBMA provides a shepherding program that is an opportunity to authors in getting advices on the structure and content of their papers from specialists that are members of the program committee. Further information about shepherding activity can be found at (http://hillside.net/conferences/shepherding). To request a shepherd, the authors should submit an extended abstract, and two weeks later an initial draft. The initial draft should contain at least 80% of the material that
would be included on the final submission.
• June, 30th 2014: Shepherd request deadline (extended abstract submission)
• July, 14th 2014: Shepherding starts (initial draft submission)
• September, 1st 2014: Paper submission deadline (complete paper submission)
• October, 6th 2014: Acceptance notification
• October, 20th 2014: Camera Ready Submission
• November, 5th 2014: Workshop date
Original papers will be accepted in English (preferred), Portuguese, or Spanish. The submissions will be handled electronically through Easy Chair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wbma2014). The articles must follow the formatting style for events
sponsored by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC). The template is available at http://www.sbc.org.br/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&task=viewcategory&catid=32&Itemid=195
The papers should have the following page limits: 8-12 pages (full papers) and 4-6 pages (short papers), including figures and bibliographic references. Short papers could have preliminary research results, experience reports and original bibliographic analysis. Full papers should present original research supported by concrete results.
*Best Paper Award*
A commission will be formed by members of the program committee, which will choose one of the full papers to receive the best paper award. The authors of the best paper will be invited to submit an extended version to RITA (Revista de Informática Teórica e Aplicada - http://seer.ufrgs.br/rita).