IJVCSN Special issue 2015 : International Journal of Virtual Communities and Social Networking, Special Issue on Social Media and Networks for Multimedia Content Management
Call For Papers
Prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts for possible publication in the International Journal of Virtual Communities and Social Networking (IJVCSN), Special Issue on Social Media and Networks for Multimedia Content Management.
The Social Web and particularly Social Media data has grown considerably in the past few years. The use of a wide range of devices (smartphones, tablets, smartTV, IoT, etc.) to produce, store, view and exchange multimedia contents, and the « always-on » users connection to the Web continue to increase this phenomenon. Actually, through several devices, many famous sites offer to users to publish and to share on the Web multimedia contents (such as videos, photos, comments), to recommend and to connect those resources with their social audiences (e.g., friends, family, colleagues), to freely tag or annotate contents, and to evaluate with detailed statistics the popularity of a published data. For instance, Flickr and YouTube offer services for media publishing and sharing. Published contents can then be promoted and evaluated on the Facebook and Twitter platforms. Those platforms can be used anytime, anywhere and anyhow (i.e., with different devices, handled or not).
As a consequence, a huge amount of heterogeneous social media data can be generated, enriched and exploited for creating new research opportunities and challenges. As an example, information about some content creators and consumers with their related social contexts as well as the metadata associated to the media resources can be used by an adaptation process or a recommendation engine in order to personalize the way that some contents will be displayed.
In this special issue, we solicit original papers that tackle challenges or issues relating to exploit the social media and networks for multimedia content management. The main goal is to collect articles reporting the latest advances on the technologies, algorithms, models, standards, and applications in such a field.
Topics to be discussed in this journal include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Hybrid social and semantic approaches to profiling, recommendation engines or adaptation systems
- Multimedia content creation, annotation and modelling for semantic and social web
- Privacy/Security issues in social and personalized media applications
- Social and semantic media collaboration platforms (e.g., semantic wikis)
- Social data mining and analytics
- Social multimedia applications (live casting, audio-video sharing)
- Social multimedia tagging and multimedia content communities
- Social network aggregation
- Social web economics and business
- User modelling and dynamic profiling
- Web adaptation methods and techniques using social media and networks information
Researchers are invited to submit papers for this special issue on Social Media and Networks for Multimedia Content Management on or before 15th October 2014. All submissions must be original and may not exceed 25 pages (included references).
INTERESTED AUTHORS MUST CONSULT THE JOURNAL’S GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS:
- Guidelines in PDF: http://www.igi-global.com/publish/resources/journal-organization-and-formatting.pdf
- Manuscript template: http://www.igi-global.com/publish/resources/journal-template.dotx
All manuscripts must use correct APA style for references and in text citations.
All submissions and inquiries should be directed to the attention of:
- Dr. Sébastien Laborie, University of Pau, France
- Dr. Phivos Mylonas, Ionian University, Greece
- Dr. Philippe Roose, University of Pau, France
- Dr. Manolis Wallace, University of Peloponnese, Greece
International Journal of Virtual Communities and Social Networking (IJVCSN)
E-mails: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Philippe.Roose@iutbayonne.univ-pau.fr; email@example.com
All manuscript submissions to the special issue should be sent through the online submission system: http://www.igi-global.com/authorseditors/titlesubmission/newproject.aspx.