RMSOC 2014 : 1st Workshop on Resource Management in Service-Oriented Computing
Call For Papers
*************** RMSOC 2014 Call for Papers ******************
1st Workshop on Resource Management in Service-Oriented Computing (RMSOC) - http://ai.wu.ac.at/rmsoc2014/
In conjunction with ICSOC, 3-6 November 2014, Paris, France
Paper submission: August 15, 2014
Acceptance notification: September 10, 2014
Camera ready: September 25, 2014
Workshop: November 3, 2014
PURPOSE OF THE WORKSHOP:
Human and non-human resource management has been researched in several communities, e.g., in the agents- or the BPM-research community. Until recently, the main research focus in the BPM community has been intra-organizational. However, the emergence of Business-Process-as-a-Service (BPaaS) in cloud computing environments requires managing resources both intra- and inter-organizationally by means of service-oriented computing. Furthermore, as a trend, organizations increasingly outsource (parts of) their business processes and/or crowdsource workforce for activity completion in a distributed way. Consequently, new research challenges emerge for resource management throughout all the phases of the business-process lifecycle. The goal of this workshop is to explore resource management in service-oriented computing both in intra-organizational processes with intensive resource needs, and in inter-organizational collaborations where organizations outsource process activities that involve resource-related requirements for individual, or collaborative work execution. For example, conditions that human resources must meet in order to participate in activity execution, or specific software required for activity completion.
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Resource design in intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Resource modeling in intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Resource selection and assignment in intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Resource allocation in intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Resource analysis in intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Resource management in the cloud
- Resource-aware process matching
- Resource-aware service automation
- Models, languages and methods for resource management in intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Risk management, compliance and governance in resource-aware intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Performance analysis in resource-aware intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Work-as-a-Service (WaaS)
- Social computing, human computation and crowdsourcing for distributed work
- Resource prioritization in intra- and inter-organizational processes
- Resource planning in intra- and inter-organizational processes
SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION:
Authors are invited to submit original, previously unpublished research papers. Papers should be written in English, strictly following Springer LNCS style.
Four types of submissions are accepted:
- Full research papers and experience papers with a maximum length of 12 pages, including references and appendices.
- Short papers and position papers with a maximum length of 6 pages, including references and appendices.
Papers must be submitted in PDF format via the electronic submission system, which is available at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rmsoc2014
Submitted papers will be evaluated according to their rigor, significance, originality, technical quality and exposition, by at least three members of an international program committee.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register and participate in the workshop. Registration is subject to the terms, conditions and procedure of the main ICSOC conference to be found at its website: http://www.icsoc.org/
Prof. Paul Grefen, TU/e, The Netherlands
Prof. Schahram Dustdar, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Dr. Cristina Cabanillas, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria.
Dr. Alex Norta, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia.
Dr. Nanjangud C. Narendra, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Bangalore, India.
Dr. Manuel Resinas, University of Seville, Spain.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE (to be completed):
Claudio Bartolini, HP Labs Palo Alto, USA
Anne Baumgrass, Hasso Plattner Institute at the University of Potsdam, Germany
Alessandro Bozzon, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Fabio Casati, University of Trento, Italy
Florian Daniel, University of Trento, Italy
Joseph Davis, University of Sydney, Australia
Claudio Di Ciccio, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
Schahram Dustdar, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Félix García, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
Christian Huemer, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Jan Mendling, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
Manfred Reichert, University of Ulm, Germany
Stefanie Rinderle-Ma, University of Vienna, Austria
Antonio Ruiz-Cortés, University of Seville, Spain
Anderson Santana de Oliveira, SAP Labs, France
Sigrid Schefer-Wenzl, FH Campus Vienna, Austria
Mark Strembeck, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria