SIMPAT CLOUD 2014 : SIMPAT special issue on Simulation in (and of) the Cloud
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
SIMULATION MODELLING PRACTICE AND THEORY SPECIAL ISSUE ON
Simulation in (and of) the Cloud
))) EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 15, 2014 (((
The recent steep growth of cloud computing, together with the high interest in the Software as a Service (SaaS) paradigm, has led to a strong investment on the deployment of simulators on top of public or private cloud infrastructures.
Many users of simulation tools are willing to run their simulations on the cloud for the savings that they can obtain, avoiding the cost of building up a local computation cluster and enabling the access to a huge amount of resources that can be rented (and disposed) in every moment.
The scope of this special issue is to present state-of-the-art research covering a variety of concepts on: i) simulation and cloud computing, ii) simulation as a service, iii) simulation of cloud computing infrastructures. Furthermore, it also aims to provide future trends and directions on the many interactions between cloud computing and simulation. This special issue also targets subjects on design, implementation and performance analysis of cloud-based simulators and modelling/implementation of large-scale simulations of cloud infrastructures.
Papers for the Special Issue must provide substantial novel contribution, and authors must carefully situate their work considering the relevant scientific literature. They must clearly address research issues of Simulation in (and of) the Cloud and show the role of modelling and simulation in the software-as-a-service state of the art. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Cloud-based execution of simulation tools
* Simulation of complex cloud environments
* Cloud computing for high-availability / fault-tolerant simulators
* Performance and cost evaluation of cloud-based simulation
* Novel service models and applications for cloud-based simulations
* Privacy, security and trust issues in cloud-based simulation
* Mobile cloud computing and simulation
Manuscripts should be submitted online through the Elsevier Editorial System (EES) at the following link: http://ees.elsevier.com/simpat. Authors must select "Special Issue: Cloud Simulation" when they reach the Article Type step in the on-line submission process. Submitted manuscripts should present original contributions and must not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers will be peer reviewed according to the high standards of the Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Elsevier journal.
Please feel free to contact the Guest Editors for any questions.
- Manuscript submission deadline (EXTENDED): September 15, 2014
- Manuscript reviews to authors: November 15, 2014
- Manuscript revision due: January 15, 2015
- Final notification of acceptance: March 15, 2015
- Final manuscript submission deadline: April 15, 2015
- Expected publication of the special issue: July, 2015
SPECIAL ISSUE EDITORS:
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Bologna, Italy
Robson De Grande
PARADISE Research Laboratory
University of Ottawa, Canada