HIPS 2009 : 14th International Workshop on High-Level Parallel Programming Models and Supportive Environments
Conference Series : High-Level Parallel Programming Models and Supportive Environments
Call For Papers
HIPS 2009 is a full-day workshop to be held at IPDPS 2009 focusing on high-level programming of parallel architectures. Its goal is to bring together researchers working in the areas of applications, computational models, language design, compilers, system architecture, and programming tools to discuss new developments in programming such systems.
One of the keys for high productivity in parallel processing are techniques that facilitate efficient usage of such environments. This covers, for example, programming languages, programming tools, system middleware, as well as communication libraries. These techniques have to be integrated to provide a full solution to the problem.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Concepts and languages for parallel programming
- Concurrent object-oriented programming
- Hybrid programming, e.g. OpenMP/MPI, components/MPI
- Extensions to traditional programming models, e.g. MPI and OpenMP
- Component-based programming
- Programming models and tools for multi- and many-core processors, including MPSoCs.
- Interfaces for accelerators, e.g., GPUs, FPGAs, Cell
- Supportive techniques on system level
- Architectural and communication support
- Compiler techniques
- Runtime systems
- System monitoring
- Languages and tools for resource management
- Supportive techniques on application level
- Application monitoring
- Performance analysis, and optimization
- Automatic performance analysis support
- Integrated programming environments
Papers should describe the interaction of high-level programming environments with supportive tools on system- or application-level.