Rule Challenge 2014 : 8th International Rule Challenge 2014
Call For Papers
8th International Rule Challenge 2014 (http://2014.ruleml.org/challenge)
part of the RuleML 2014 symposium held in conjunction with ECAI 2014, the 21st European Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Prague, Czech Republic, August 19, 2014
Due to multiple requests, the submission deadlines have been extended to the following dates:
* Paper submission: 18 June 2014
* Paper notification: 28 June 2014
About Rule Challenge 2014
The Rule Challenge 2014 is one of the highlights at the RuleML 2014 Symposium: it provides a showcase for innovative rule-oriented applications, aimed at both the research and industrial side.
Rule Challenge 2014 proceedings will be published as CEUR Proceedings and indexed by SCOPUS, and a selection of the best systems will be invited for demonstration at PAIS 2014 (part of ECAI 2014). Moreover, a complimentary 1-year online membership is offered by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) to RuleML Symposium participants who are new to AAAI.
RuleML 2014 Rulebase Competition
RuleML Inc announces a US$1000 Award for the best RuleML Rulebase of 2014. This year's rulebases are solicited in Deliberation RuleML 1.01.
More information is available here: http://blog.ruleml.org/post/28221570-4652-42e6-9556-8d304372bdeb/, "RuleML 2014 Rulebase Competition"
Key themes of the RuleML 2014 Challenge include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demos related to the RuleML 2014 Track Topics
- Extensions and implementations of rule-related standards, e.g. RIF, CL, SBVR, BPMN, BPEL, RuleML, etc.
- Rule-based Event Processing and Stream Reasoning
- Editing environments and IDEs for Web rules
- Benchmarks and comparison results for rule engines
- Distributed rule bases and rule services
- Reports on industrial experience about rule systems
- Real cases and practical experiences
At a special session of RuleML 2014, we will present the following awards:
* Rule Challenge Best System and Runner-up Awards
* RuleML 2014 Rulebase Competition Award
RuleML 2014 Challenge Chairs
Theodore Patkos (FORTH-ICS, Greece)
Adam Wyner (University of Aberdeen, UK)
Adrian Giurca (Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus–Senftenberg, Germany)
Extended Paper submission: June 18, 2014
Notification: June 28, 2014
Camera ready: July 10, 2014
Rule Challenge 2014 dates: 19 August 2014
High quality, original papers, potentially referencing online material, and ranging between 2-15 pages can be submitted at
Please upload all submissions in LNCS format (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html). To ensure high quality, submitted papers will be carefully peer-reviewed by 3 PC members based on clarity and significance of objectives and demonstration of results.
Twitter hashtag: #ruleml2014