ADKDD 2014 : The 8th International Workshop on Data Mining for Online Advertising in conjunction with ACM SIGKDD'14
Call For Papers
Apologies for multiple postings
Please forward as appropriate
Call for Papers
The 8th International Workshop on Data Mining for Online Advertising
in conjunction with ACM SIGKDD'14
August 24, 2014, New York City, NY, USA
Electronic submission of full papers: May 21, 2014 (tentative)
IMPORTANT DATES (TENTATIVE)
* May 21, 2014: Electronic submission of full papers
* June 3, 2014: Author notification
* June 12, 2014: Submission of Camera-ready papers
* August 24, 2014: Workshop in New York City, NY, USA
Online advertising is a key component in the whole Internet ecosystem and is growing rapidly with constantly evolving business models and practices. Examples of online advertising include sponsored search, display advertising, Rich Media Ads, interstitial ads, online classified advertising, e-mail marketing, mobile advertising, and so on. With the rapid growth of social network, social network advertising (as exemplified by Facebook and Groupon) is taking off and playing an important role in the whole landscape. Also, more and more offline ads for both big brands and local businesses are moving online. The online advertising industry is facing tons of challenges. For example, how to understand end users’ need and advertisers’ goals; what the right strategy is to connect user and ads; what ads should be delivered through which type of advertising. These challenges bring great opportunities for researchers and data miners to come up with new technologies. Therefore, a forum for researchers and industry practitioners to exchange latest research results and construct collaborations have been of great service to the data mining community and generating value for the industry.
In conjunction with SIGKDD’07/08/09/10/11/12/13, we have held seven ADKDD workshops, which were very well received both by academic community and the advertising industry. All the workshops were well attended, and often were standing room only.
Papers on all aspects of data mining for advertising are solicited.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Mining for Ad Relevance and Ranking
o Ad relevance measurement
o Ad ranking algorithms
o Ad text creation and evaluation
o CTR and conversion rate prediction
o Real-time bidding optimization
• Audience Intelligence & User Modeling
o User Tracking
o Understanding user intent
o Modeling online user behaviors for targeted advertisement
o User segmentation and profiling
o Demographics & location prediction
o Personalized advertising
• Content Understanding and Content Marketing
o Content-targeted advertising
o Opinion/sentiment mining
o Web scale information extraction for online advertisement
o Text mining techniques such as named entity extraction, query classification, keyword extraction, and other topics
o Understanding multimedia content for online advertisement
• Social, Mobile Advertising, and new advertising channels and formats
o Advertising through social networks and microblogging (such as Facebook and Twitter)
o Advertising through deals (such as Groupon and LivingSocial)
o Advertising on new channels such as mobile devices
o Mobile advertising
o Video advertising
o Native advertising
o Viral marketing
• Advertising Ecosystems
o Auction theory in online advertising
o Demand and supply volume prediction
o Measurement of online advertising effectiveness
o Search Engine Marketing, Optimization (SEMs, SEOs)
o Systems and technologies in ad exchange and RTB
• Trust and Privacy
o Consumer privacy and data use policy
o Privacy preserving data mining approaches
o Fraud and spam detection & prevention in online advertisements
* All submissions must be made electronically following the submission information on the Workshop Web site: http://www.adkdd.com/Submission.html
* Please use the prescribed formatting guidelines of KDD which can be found at:
* Papers should be no longer than 9 pages inclusive of all references and figures. All papers should be submitted in the PDF format. Please ensure that any special fonts used are included in the submitted documents.
* Papers submitted to ADKDD 2014 should be original work and substantively different from papers that have been previously submitted or are under review in a journal or another conference/workshop.
* Reviews are not double-blind, and author names and affiliations should be listed.
* Esin Saka, Microsoft
* Dou Shen, Baidu Inc.
* Kuangchih Lee, Yahoo Labs
* Ying Li, EV Analysis Corporation
* TBA - we are working on having the workshop proceedings added to ACM Digital Library. See proceedings from ADKDD 2013 as a sample: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2501040
* One or two papers may be recommended to SIGKDD Explorations.