PKAW 2014 : The 2014 Pacific Rim Knowledge Acquisition Workshop
Conference Series : Pacific Rim Knowledge Acquisition Workshop
Call For Papers
The PKAW 2014 Program Committee invites submissions of research papers for PKAW 2014, to be held Gold Coast, Australia, on December 1 - 2, 2014. PKAW 2014 is part of the 13th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI 2014).
The purpose of this workshop is to provide a forum for presentation and discussion of all aspects of knowledge acquisition research. In particular, today the study of knowledge acquisition has enormous importance, because the unprecedented data, called Big Data, are available today. Knowledge acquisition aims to extract useful knowledge from vast and diverse data as well as its acquisition directly from human experts.
Knowledge acquisition research is multidisciplinary research, including knowledge engineering, machine learning, natural language processing, human computer interaction, artificial intelligence and the Semantic Web. We invite authors to submit papers on all aspect of knowledge acquisition research and practices. We will also invite submissions that present applications tested and deployed in real-life settings. Those papers should address lessons learned from the development and deployment. All papers will be peer reviewed, and those accepted for the workshop will be included in the Springer LNAI proceedings.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Papers are invited for consideration in all aspects of knowledge acquisition, engineering and management for intelligent systems, including (but not restricted to):
- Fundamental views on knowledge that affect the knowledge acquisition process and the use of knowledge in knowledge engineering
- Algorithmic approaches to knowledge acquisition
- Tools and techniques for knowledge acquisition, knowledge maintenance and knowledge validation.
- Evaluation of knowledge acquisition techniques, tools and methods
- Languages and frameworks for knowledge and knowledge modelling information systems or decision support systems
- Methods and techniques for sharing and reusing knowledge
- Ontology and its role in knowledge acquisition
- Mining the Semantic Web, the Linked Data and the Web of Data
- Hybrid approaches combining knowledge engineering and machine learning
- Innovative user interfaces
- Big data capture, representation and analytics
- Crowd-sourcing for data generation and problem solving
- Software engineering and knowledge engineering
- Algorithms, tools and techniques for machine intelligence
- Knowledge acquisition applications tested and deployed in in real-life settings
- July 11, 2014 Deadline for Submission of Paper
- August 29, 2014 Notification of Acceptance
- September 12, 2014 Deadline for Submission of Paper
- December 1 ~ 2, 2014 Workshop Dates
Papers must follow the Springer Lecture Notes format. The paper should be between 10 to 15 pages long. For format templates, please see the Springer.
Each submission will be reviewed by at least two members from the program committee. Acceptance will be based on relevance, originality, significance, soundness and clarity.
All accepted papers will be published in Springer Lecture Notes Series.
INFORMATION AND INQUIRIES
Workshop information is available at the Workshop Website: http://www.pkaw.org/
Concerning suggestions for the workshop and other inquiries, write to the Program Co-chairs: A/Prof. Byeong-ho Kang , University of Tasmania (firstname.lastname@example.org); Prof. Deborah Richards, Macquarie University (email@example.com).
Information about visiting Gold Coast can be found at http://www.visitgoldcoast.com/ and for visiting Australia see http://www.australia.com/