JUCSMOOC 2014 : JUCS: Special Issue on Massive Open Online Courses: Combining Methodologies and Architectures for Success Learning
Call For Papers
Special Issue on Massive Open Online Courses: Combining Methodologies and Architectures for Success Learning - Journal of Universal Computer Science (JUCS)
Through this special issue we would like to promote a formal and research-sustained dialogue about what MOOCs mean in ICT-based education, with special emphasis in Technological Frameworks / Architectures, Assessment, Gamification, Analytics, Cloud Services and Resources, Universal Design and Accessibility.
Some suggested, but not limited topics are:
- Technological models and frameworks to support MOOCs.
- Assessment (different types of assessment approaches and technologies).
- MOOCs scalability and quality assurance models at the pedagogical and technical level, supported by innovative technology.
- Cloud Services and Resources (the use of innovative Web 2.0 applications and resources that can be orchestrated through interoperable API's to the MOOC learning environment).
- Learning Analytics.
- Gamification and Social Learning artefacts.
- Universal Design and Accessibility issues in MOOCs contents and platforms.
- Adaptive policies for managing different participant profiles.
- Pedagogical issues, tutoring roles and human interaction in MOOCs development.
- Security and accreditation models.
- Paper submission: July 6th 2014
- Notification to authors: October 19th 2014
- Submission of revised papers: November 16th 2014
- Publication: January 2015
Instructions for authors:
All submissions have to be related and present technological advances for MOOCs with a pedagogical sound foundation. Submissions that present among the technical advances, real test-bed use cases, are encouraged and will have higher qualification.
Manuscripts should not exceed 18 pages. Papers should be prepared according to the JUCS's guidelines for authors available at http://www.jucs.org/jucs_info/submissions.
Submit your work for a blind review process by at least 3 reviewers.
Papers must be submitted via EasyChair:
For more information visit: http://www.jucs.org/ujs/jucs/info/special_issues/JUCS_MOOC_CfP.pdf
Al Essa, Vice President, Analytics, Research and Development, McGraw-Hill Education, USA
Carlos Delgado Kloss, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, SPAIN
Francisco J. García-Peñalvo, Director GRIAL, University of Salamanca, SPAIN
Rocael Hernández-Rizzardini, Director GES, Galileo University, GUATEMALA