SSCI 2014 : Special Session on Ambient Computational Intelligence
Call For Papers
Ambient Intelligence has been adopted as a term referring to environments that are sensitive and responsive to the presence of people and it is a candidate to become the next wave of computing. Indeed, this novel computing approach is aimed to extend ubiquitous vision by incorporating intrinsic intelligence in pervasive systems. This idea enables the study, design and development of embodiments for smart environments that not only react to human events through sensing, interpretation and service provision, but also learn and adapt their operation and services to the users over time. These embodiments employ contextual information when available, and offer unobtrusive and intuitive interfaces to their users.
The aim of this special session is to encompass valuable research in integration of Computational Intelligence and Ambient Intelligence. This special session is aimed at sharing latest progress, current challenges and potential applications of fuzzy logic, evolutionary computation and neural and learning systems in the scenario of ambient computing environment.
Some topics of interest are:
- Assisted Ambient Intelligence
- Ambient Intelligence for Healthcare
- Ambient Intelligence Services
- Ambient Intelligence Applications
- Ambient Assisted Living
- Autonomous Robotic Systems
- Human Behavioural Analysis
- Evolutionary Computation in Ambient Intelligence
- Fuzzy Logic in Ambient Intelligence
- Hybrid Intelligent Systems for Ubiquitous Computing,
- Intelligent Living Environments
- Intelligent Environments
- Multi-Agent System for Ambient Intelligence
- Neural Networks in Ambient Intelligence
- RFID and Wireless Sensor Network Applications
- Self-Organization in Ubiquitous Environments
- Sensing and Reasoning Technology
- Sensing Technologies and Measurements
- Signal Fusion in Ubiquitous Environments
- Situational/Context Awareness
- Smart Evolving Sensors
- Smart Homes
- Social Sensor Networks
- Soft Computing for Embedded Appliances
This Special Session will be part of the 2014 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE SSCI 2014) to be held between 9-12 December 2014 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
June 15, 2014: Deadline for submission of full-length papers.
September 5, 2014: Acceptance/Rejection Notification.
October 5, 2014: Final papers submission deadline.