IJCAI School 2014 : IJCAI School 2014
Call For Papers
2nd IJCAI School on Artificial Intelligence
AI: From theory to practice
Call for Participation
1-5 Sept, Buenos Aires, Argentina
co-located with Argentine Symposium on Artificial Intelligence
Ph.D. students, professionals, young researchers, and academics in general are cordially invited to participate in the 2nd IJCAI International School on Artificial Intelligence, titled AI: From Theory to Practice, to be held during the week of 1st to 5th of September at the Universidad de Palermo, Buenos Aires. The School has been implemented by the IJCAI Board as a precursor to the main IJCAI Conference (International Joint Conference of Artificial Intelligence), that will be held in Buenos Aires in 2015, a year after the School.
Organized by the Asociación Argentina de Inteligencia Artificial (AAIA), the School will bring together 3 courses of 15 hours each, plenary talks/tutorials, and a Doctoral Consortium (see more information, including registration instructions and tentative schedule on the School’s webpage):
* FOUR COURSES from three diverse areas of the field:
* Multi-Agent Systems : From Practical Applications to Used Elements of Theory, by
Prof. Yves Demazeau from the LIG, Grenoble, France (morning)
* Data Mining and its application to medical data by Prof. Huei Diana Lee from
the Universidade Estadual do Oeste do Paraná, UNIOESTE, Brazil (morning).
* Models and Methods for Planning in Intelligent Systems, by Prof. Hector Geffner from
the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain (afternoon).
* Ontologies by Prof. Giancarlo Guizzardi, from the Federal University of Espíritu Santo, Brazil (afternoon)
* SIX PLENARY TALKS to complement the theoretical aspect of the courses with
state of the art, groundbreaking applications of AI:
* Case-based reasoning applied to music and robot soccer, by Prof. Ramón López de Mántaras from the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute, Spain
* Managing knowledge and context, by Prof. Fausto Giunghiglia from the University of Trento, Italy.
* The Watson computer system and its underlying technology, by Prof. Eric Brown from Watson Technologies IBM.
* Multi-Agent Systems Organizations, by Prof. Jaime Sichman, from University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
* Automated planning and scheduling for space exploration, by Prof. Steve Chien from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA.
* Big Data, Lifelong Machine Learning and Transfer Learning by Prof. Qiang Yang from the Hong Kong University.
* A DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM: The DC will provide an opportunity for Ph.D. students to discuss their research interests, career objectives and funding opportunities with senior researchers with similar research interests, among others, the invited professors and lecturers (see above courses and plenary talks list).
FEES AND REGISTRATION
Registration to the IJCAI School grants access to the School’s plenary talks/ tutorials, as well as to all JAIIO’s activities such as the Argentinean Symposium of Artificial Intelligence, to be co-located with the School. To register to the School, please refer to our registration page for instructions (https://sites.google.com/site/ijcaischool2014/registration).
The School will offer three types of scholarships for students, with the amounts and number of scholarships still being decided, based on availability of funds:
TRAVEL EXPENSES: To cover air or bus ticket (round-trip), depending on your distance to Buenos Aires.
FOOD AND LODGING: To cover hotel or hostel, probably on double, triple or quadruple basis.
COURSES FEE WAIVER: To cover full admittance to all courses.
Application to the scholarship will be handeld directly through our registration form, still in developement. We may email you requesting further information if necessary. Priority will be given to students accepted to the DC.
Visitors coming to Argentina from abroad may require a travel visa. Please contact your travel agency for further instructions. If required, do not hesitate to request us an invitation letter.
April 25, 2014 : Deadline for application to the DC
June 16, 2014 : DC Acceptance notification
July 23, 2014 : Early registration (JAIIO and courses)
September 1-5, 2014 : IJCAI School and Doctoral Consortium on AI
Facundo Bromberg - UTN - FRM/CONICET - email@example.com
Silvia Schiaffino - ISISTAN (UNCPBA - CONICET) - firstname.lastname@example.org