WISA 2014 : The 15th International Workshop on Information Security Applications
Conference Series : Workshop on Information Security Applications
Call For Papers
The 15th International Workshop on Information Security Applications (WISA 2014) will be held on Jeju Island, Korea on August 25-27, 2014. It is hosted by the Korea Institute of Information Security and Cryptology (KIISC) and sponsored by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP). It is also co-sponsored by the Electronics & Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), the Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA), and the National Security Research Institute (NSRI). The primary focus of WISA 2014 is on systems and network security, and the secondary focus is on all other technical and practical aspects of security applications. The workshop will serve as a forum for new results from the academic research community as well as from the industry.
The areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Analysis of network and security protocols
• Anonymity and censorship-resistant technologies
• Applications of cryptographic techniques
• Authentication and authorization
• Automated tools for source code/binary analysis
• Botnet defense
• Critical infrastructure security
• Denial-of-service attacks and countermeasures
• Digital Forensics
• Embedded systems security
• Exploit techniques and automation
• Hardware and physical security
• HCI security and privacy
• Intrusion detection and prevention
• Malware analysis
• Mobile/wireless/cellular system security
• Network-based attacks
• Network infrastructure security
• Operating system security
• Practical cryptanalysis (hardware, DRM, etc.)
• Security policy
• Storage and file system security
• Techniques for developing secure systems
• Trustworthy computing
• Vulnerability research
• Web security
SCIE JOURNAL RECOMMENDATION OF SELECTED PAPAERS
Expanded versions of selected papers will be recommended to peer-reviewed international journals indexed in SCI or SCIE. For this, now we are discussing with the following journals (subject to change):
• International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (IJDSN) - Hindawi (SCIE): Confirmed!!
• Journal of Supercomputing (JoS) - Springer (SCI)
• Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences (AMIS) – Natural Science Publishing (SCIE)
• Journal of Applied Mathematics (JAM) - Hindawi (SCIE)
Authors are invited to submit their original papers to the following EDAS system for review: http://edas.info/N17961.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Authors must not substantially duplicate work that any of the authors have published elsewhere or have submitted in parallel to journals or any other conferences that have proceedings. The EDAS system automatically checks the similarity using the paper similarity detection tool.
The submission must be anonymous, with no author names, affiliations, acknowledgements, or obvious references. The paper should be prepared according to the "Authors Instruction for LNCS" (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html) and limited to at most 12 pages in total.