SC 2014 : The 2nd international Workshop on Sensor Cloud
Call For Papers
The 2nd International Workshop on Sensor Cloud
In conjunction with the 5th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks
22-25 September, 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Workshop Website: https://sites.google.com/site/scloudeuspn/
- Papers Submission Deadline May 7, 2014
- Acceptance Notification: June 24, 2014
- Camera-Ready Submission: July 17, 2014
Research and applications in wireless sensor networks (WSN) and cloud computing (CC) continue to grow. The integration of sensor networks and cloud computing play a vital role in the advancement of modern sensor technology with the strength of cloud computing. The aim of sensor cloud (SC) is to make the sensed and processed data accessible from distributed networks. With sensor clouds, large-scale data can be collected, processed, and shared among multiple networks. Sensor cloud raises many research and practical challenges such as event processing and management, real time data processing, large scale computing infrastructure and frameworks, and harvesting collective intelligence.
All accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series on-line. Procedia Computer Sciences is hosted on www.Elsevier.com and on Elsevier content platform ScienceDirect (http://www.sciencedirect.com), and will be freely available worldwide. All papers in Procedia will also be indexed by Scopus (http://www.scopus.com) and Engineering Village (Ei) (http://www.engineeringvillage.com). This includes EI Compendex (http://www.ei.org/compendex). All accepted papers will also be indexed in DBLP (http://dblp.uni-trier.de/).
The goal of SC 2013 workshop is to bring together multi-disciplinary researchers, professionals and practitioners from academia and industry who are involved in the fields of both wireless sensor networks and cloud computing areas to discuss recent advances and innovative ideas in these fields. SC workshop solicits papers on either completed or ongoing research in the following and related topics of interests include (but not limited to):
• Mobility in Sensor Clouds
• Monitoring techniques/mechanism for Sensor-Cloud infrastructure
• Performance management of sensor in cloud (Algorithms and protocols)
• Platform to manage sensory data in clouds (e.g. Hadoop, Pig, Mapreduce, Hive and HDFS).
• Provisioning of virtual sensor in cloud
• Reliability issues, Service Level Agreement (SLA) and QoS guarantees for sensing technologies for clouds
• Security in Sensor Clouds
• Sensor Cloud enabled applications (e.g., Health-care, Traffic management, Weather monitoring and Surveillance)
• Sensor Cloud Intelligence
• Sensor Cloud management (Aggregation, Enablement, Interoperability and Resource management)
• Sensor Cloud vision: Case-studies, Challenges, Lesson-learnt and Opportunities
• Smart tags, location aware remote sensing and RFID as Services (Raas) in clouds
• Standardization mechanism/functions for Sensor Cloud
For further details, please see website at: https://sites.google.com/site/scloudeuspn/.