ICSR 2015 : 14th International Conference on Software Reuse
Conference Series : International Conference on Software Reuse
Call For Papers
14th International Conference on Software Reuse
4-6 January 2015 - Miami (Florida), US
Call For Research Papers
For decades the International Conference on Software Reuse (ICSR) has been the premier event in the field of software reuse research and technology. The main goal of ICSR is to present the most recent advances and breakthroughs in the area of software reuse and to promote an intensive and continuous exchange among researchers and practitioners.
The 14th International Conference on Software Reuse (ICSR-14) will be held on January 4-6 2015, in Miami, Florida. We invite submissions on new and innovative research results and industrial experience reports in the area of software reuse. The guiding theme of ICSR-14 is:
Reuse for Dynamic Systems in the Cloud and Beyond
Software development faces new challenges when applications start to leave desktop computers and single servers to become more “mobile” and pervasive as required e.g. for the Internet of Things and the Cloud. This phenomenon raises the demand for practical software reuse and generative approaches that avoid “re-inventing the wheel” on different platforms over and over again. In this context, non-functional aspects (such as performance and data security) are of special importance to guarantee a satisfying experience for users of cloud-based and other distributed systems.
Amongst the numerous important challenges we identified the following major topics for research focusing on reuse in the context of dynamic and cloud-based systems:
- Generative and component/service-based development approaches for dynamic and cloud-based systems
- Reference architectures and frameworks for software reuse for highly dynamic and distributed systems
- Non-functional properties of dynamic systems based on reusable components, services or product-lines
Beyond those novel challenges for software reuse, we solicit submissions dealing with all aspects of software reuse, including, but not limited to the following ones:
- Domain analysis and modelling
- Asset search and retrieval
- Architecture-centric reuse approaches
- Component-based reuse
- Service-oriented architectures
- COTS-based development and reuse of open source assets
- Generative Development
- Domain-specific languages
- Software Composition and Modularization
- Model-driven development
- Reengineering for reuse
- Software product line techniques
- Quality assurance for software reuse, such as testing and verification
- Reuse of non-code artifacts (process, experience, etc.)
- Economic models of reuse
- Benefit and risk analysis, scoping
- Legal and managerial aspects of reuse
- Transition to software reuse
- Industrial experience with reuse
- Light-weight reuse approaches
- Agile reuse
- Software evolution and reuse
- Reuse for Mobile and ubiquitous applications
Novel and well-founded work in the wider area of software reuse is highly welcome. We look for strong research work which might have a strong theoretical or empirical foundation. Theoretical work should in particular provide innovative ideas and should be based on a sound theoretical basis. Empirical work based on case studies, empirical research and experiments is also highly welcome. Industrial submissions describing practical experience are also strongly encouraged.
Submissions must conform to Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science format (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0), and are limited to 16 pages in length, in English. Short papers (up to 8 pages) are accepted as well and should be marked accordingly. You will be able to submit your paper via Easychair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icsr2015). Each submission will be reviewed by at least three members of the program committee.
Accepted papers will be published in Springer's highly visible LNCS series again (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-0-0-0). We also plan to have a best paper award for this conference, details will be announced in due time.