MSMEC2 2014 : MSME Conclave cum- Conference on Sustainable Supply Chain Capabilities of Micro,Small and Medium Enterprises: Influences, practices, training needs and employment opportunity
Call For Papers
School of Management, Doon University in collaboration with NIESBUD (National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD)), (An Autonomous Institute under Ministry of MSME, GOI) is organizing MSME Conclave cum- Conference (MSMEC2) on “Sustainable Supply Chain Capabilities of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Influences, practices, training needs and employment opportunities” on 10th May, 2014.
Background of The Theme: India is among the fastest transition economies and it is emerging to its next stage of growth. India leads the world ranking in shared service domain while rapidly emerging as preferred location for manufacturing and supplier partnership for many foreign corporations (Ernst and Young, 2012). Due to change in business landscape, Indian firms have started recognizing and strategically addressing the use of potential of suppliers (allied industrial firms, ancillary units -specially small and micro firms). However, they are not able to effectively map the supply chain learning particularly, in cost, quality, customer responsiveness, delivery lead-time, flexibility and overall Skill set development and training needs of the workforce through better supply chain planning, coordination and information sharing (Jayaram and Avittathur, 2012; Thakkar et.al., 2011). Recently, both Small and Micro firms have both received significant attention from researchers, practitioners and government agencies. In India, despite of the dual importance of Integrated Supply Chain as a strategic tool and as enablers for better Control and communication, there is dearth of quality research initiatives that elaborate the importance of small and micro supplier firms, their skills enhancement and training needs.
For Whom: attempts to bring together academicians, voluntary agencies corporate executives, research scholars and students.
Call of Papers: Original papers are invited on following sub-themes (but are not limited to):
· Training needs and Skills level in MSMEs sector
· Supply Chain Network of Small and Micro Enterprises: Advantages and Issues
· Core Competence and competitiveness of MSMEs
· SCM practices on sustainable performance of SMEs
· Small and Micro Enterprises as a laboratory sandbox for developing strategies and
technologies among Medium and large caps. Firms: Practices and Theories
· Role of Financial Institutions and Banks
· Innovation practices and sustainability related issues/ Issues related to Intellectual Property Rightsand Patent Rights
· Women participation, gender and empowerment issues in MSMEs
· Social responsibility related issues
· Micro Finance related issues and supply chain practices among MSMEs
· Entrepreneurship challenges among MSMEs’ in himalayan states
· Environmental Accountability practices and its impact assessment among MSMEs.
· Contemporary issues among MSMEs.
Submission of abstract (not exceeding 400 words): 10 April, 2014
Submission of full paper: 30 April, 2014
Notification of Acceptance: 3 May, 2014
Last date of registration: 7 May, 2014
For further details kindly visit the conference site : www.doonconference.in
You are cordially invited to participate in the conference and add value to the conference with your gracious presence.
PS: Selected Research Papers shall be published in Post-Conference Proceeding from International Publishers like TataMcGraw Hill, Emeraldinsight and VDM publications.